Sunset (yesahi)

You can listen to sa susunod na habang buhay by Ben&Ben while reading this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who would have thought that watching the sunset can be this fulfilling and heartbreaking.

"Sahi-ya" my oh so beautiful boyfriend called out. His name is Yedam and we've been together for almost six years now. He was there for me on all the lows and highs in my life and now it's my turn to be there with him. Why you ask? Because this happy-go-lucky guy is currently suffering from heart disease.

He has been battling it for the past 3 years. And day by day he becomes weaker. It's so painful to see but I will always be here for him. The doctor said he only has a few days to live and that's why I haven't been leaving his side. This became evident when just the other day he had an attack and we almost lose him.

"Yes?" I said quickly going beside him"Do you need anything? Are you hurt somewhere? Do I need to call a doctor?" I asked worriedly. He looked at his head giving a weak smile. That smile that I'll miss so much. He then holds my hands. "Can we please watch the sunset in our spot?" He weakly asked. I looked at his parents for help because Yedam can't leave the hospital.

"Yedamie baby, why don't you guys just watch the sunset here. You know you can't leave the hospital baby." Her mother said carefully, caressing his hair softly. "Mom please... for me" Yedam croaks out and suddenly coughs harshly. Everyone in the room panicked and called the doctor.

A few hours passed and the doctor came out from his room. "He's fine now but he is getting worst we don't how much longer he has." the doctor said sadly. Yedam's mom is now crying hiding on her husband's shoulder while I have tears rolling down my face. We went inside when we finally calmed down and dried our tears. Yedam was looking so weak. I went beside him and took his hand holding it tightly afraid that if I let go he will leave. Her mom did the same holding his other hand. "Yedamie baby" his mom called out. We both looked at her waiting for what she will be saying. "You said you want to watch the sunset right? Why don't we go there tomorrow?" His mom said trying her best not to cry holding Yedam's hand tightly. Yedam smiled happily at his mother.

It's now the day we will be seeing the sunset. His doctors let him leave knowing that he doesn't have much time. It's been so long since we last saw the sunset together in our spot. The last time was when I was a mess. Everything came crashing down that time and Yedam held me together.

*Flashback*

Me and my dad just fought again. This time it's much worse without my grandmother stopping us. She died last week and I have been a wreck ever since. My grandmother was my safe space when I feel like running away from all my dad's pressure. She is the one holding me up before Yedam came into my life.

My dad has always been the one that's always pressuring me to the point that I'm questioning every decision that I made. But that day he found out about my relationship with Yedam. Telling me that I'm making the wrong decision being in a relationship with a boy. Saying that I'm stupid, that I'm useless and even threatening that he will hurt Yedam if I didn't break up with him and that he is just some gold digger. And that's when something inside me just exploded. I have been dealing with his bullshit for as long as I can remember but the last straw is when he insulted and threatened to hurt Yedam. Yedam has been the best decision I made. He made my monochromatic life colorful again. He is the painter that removed all the blues in this empty canvas and made it alive. The singer that sang my sorrows away. And the wall that I can always lean on.

That fight was the biggest one we had and that made me leave the house. I didn't know where I was driving to until I saw a familiar beach. I went to our spot. The beach where my grandmother will take me to escape. I introduce it to Yedam knowing that he will always be my safe space.

Yedam knows that I have a bad relationship with my dad. That's why when our friend in the neighborhood heard all the shouting in our house they called Yedam right away since they know about our relationship. He has been spamming me asking my whereabouts but I ignored his texts. What I didn't know is that he knows me too well.

Only a few minutes after his spamming ended, I saw him running towards me worry evident in his face. When he finally reached me he locked me in a tight hug saying how worried he was. After a few moments, he finally let go of me and now holding my hand tightly. He just stayed quiet waiting for me to talk.

"Dad knew about us, damie. I don't know how but he knows. He said he will hurt you if I don't leave you. I don't want to leave you but I also don't like to see you hurt because of me. I don't want to hurt you Yedamie." I said and looked down. I felt more tears coming out and I didn't bother wiping it.

Yedam then grabbed my face making me look at him. "Hamada Asahi. Don't you dare say that you will hurt me if you stayed. The only way you'll be hurting me is when you leave me. So don't go blaming yourself because we will face this head-on. I won't ever leave you no matter what other people say. Because you Hamada Asahi brought out the best of me. You are that one person that sees me as Yedam and Yedam only. So no matter what will happen with your dad, I will always face it with you." Yedam said smiling softly. I hugged him tightly thankful for his very presence.

We just stayed like that sitting on the sand, his head on my shoulder and our hands intertwined while watching the sunset. "You know why I like the sunset?" He then removed his head on my shoulders "Because for me it signifies that not all goodbyes are bad and permanent. It showed me that tomorrow I'll see the sun again. So sahi, if you ever decide to end us, it will always be a beautiful sunset for me. Because I know I'll see you again soon smiling brightly even though it's not because of me." It made me look at him seeing him smiling watching the sunset. "I will never leave you, Yedamie. Our love will always be bright. It will always give hope like the sunrise." And I leaned on his shoulder. "I love you my sunrise." I said.

*flashback ends*

We are now sitting on the sand. His head resting on my shoulders as I snake my hands on his waist. Our memories keep playing in my mind as we watch the sunset. "Sahi-ya. Do you still remember why I like the sunset?" Yedam asked. "Hmm. I still remember it. You said that you like it because it made you believed that not all goodbyes are bad and permanent. And I think I believe you now." I tightened my hold on him. "Really? Why?" He asked. "Because I know I will see you again soon." I smiled to him.

"Sahi-ya" I hummed in response. "I'm sleepy." He said. I tried my best to hold out my tears. "It's okay love. Just sleep. I'll always hold you." I responded. "I love you my sunrise" was shape last word I heard before I felt his hand slowly loses its grip and I held him tighter. Tears are now falling down on my face. "I love you too my sunset."

Even though you are not here with me, I know our love will always be here. Bringing me the light to go on. And as you said, our love is a beautiful sunset because I know you are happy and you are not hurting anymore. Till we meet again my love. Even though it's in our next lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what just happened hahahahahahah
Idk when my last update was HAHAHAHAH
Anyways HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE🎉🎉🎉 and also
THANK U FOR 2.1K READS😭😭😭 u guys are the best😘😘😘

I honestly don't know what I'm writing I'm just making this more difficult for myslef😭😭😭
I'm sorry for all the angst guys and if it didn't make sense I'm sorry again😭

And again thank u for reading💕💕💕
Please let me know if you like it and if you have any requests
Teubyeee💙💙💙