Aldera Junior High

Quote Of The Day:
"NEVER ARGUE WITH SOMEONE STUPID, BECAUSE THEY WILL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE."

- Mark Twain

---

Miyake eased into the bus seat nervously, sitting beside a jittery green-haired student, the uniform similar to his own.

He figured, they went to the same school, and to Miyake, this was a great chance to make a friend to two since this was it.

This was his time to finally let loose, as he was told by doctors and his parents that he had been focusing too much on his quirk and not school.

In other words, that's why he was sitting in a grimy bus, because he needed to make friends. Or whatever.

"Hey," Miyake perked up, staring generously at the anxious boy, "you alright?"

The boy squeaked a bit, before beginning to mutter. Miyake immediately began to dial in on the boys muttering, memorizing the words that were haphazardly spoken, as if they held no meaning.

From what Miyake could tell, this boy's name was Midoriya Izuku, and he was nervous because Miyake had talked to him.

"S-Sorry! I really don-don't mean to be an-annoying...-" Midoriya quickly spat out in a fit of mutters, blushing furiously in embarrassment when he realized that Miyake had been intently listening to him.

"AH! I'M SO SORRY!"

Miyake smiled calmly, offering Midoriya his other headphone, "Music tends to calm my thoughts, try listening a bit and then we can talk more okay?"

"S-Sure!"

When they had made it to the next bus stop, the no-talking trip had already taken 15 minutes of their time together, Miyake frowned when he realized their time was up.

Miyake stood up, helping the shaking Midoriya to grab his backpack, his eyes held concern, "Midoriya-San? Why are you so nervous? Is there a problem?"

Midoriya blinked, starting a sweat a bit, "W-Well, you see... I tend to get bul-bullied an-and..."

Before Midoriya could stutter any more, Miyake placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, mimicking a slower breathing pattern than Midoriya had previously been following.

"Breathe... and take your time, your stuttering will subdue..."

"Why is he being so nice to me? Ah, it's probably because he hadn't figured it out yet... I better tell him quickly before he meets everyone else..."

After Midoriya had gotten his breathing down, no thanks to Miyake's touchy nature, he started playing with his hands, "Well.. I'm quirkless."

Miyake almost threw up, and not because Midoriya was quirkless, but because Midoriya had outright flinched when confessing it to Miyake.