In Their Own Quirky Way

Quote of the Day:
"SHUT UP YOU DAMN MUTT."

- Todoroki Shoto

---

Miyake didn't care where he placed, until he noticed a very demeaning aura emitting from the crowd.

The sharp gaze of his father, cold eyes staring at Miyake. His father smiled, waving at the boy, who he knew saw him. Tento was rooting for his son.

Yet, all Miyake could see in his father's eyed was disappointment. Miyake shoved his gaze to the robots ahead of him, Tento frowned, slowly dropping his hand back to his side.

Miyake glared up at the robots, his fighting stance stiffened. Miyake groaned out in discomfort, allowing his healing wings to exert from his shoulder blades.

Miyake clutched his shaking hand over his shoulder, grimacing in pain, he couldn't think about that now. Swallowing back the tears, Miyake raised his painful wings.

The pain was almost unbearable. Almost, that is. Miyake powered through it, keeping his eyes on the ground as he watched Todoroki easily catching up with him. Miyake smiled enthusiastically, his excitement and adrenaline made him push himself further. 

The blood was rushing to his head, Miyake's ears were ringing loudly, Miyake then realized why. He forgot his meds this morning. Usually Izuku caught him before he could forget. But this morning.

Miyake blushed, remembering their small cuddle session this morning. Miyake didn't notice Todoroki and Bakugo trying to catch up with him. Miyake dropped to the ground again, ready to cross the finish line.

That was before he heard an explosion from behind him. Looking back, Miyake saw Izuku flying through the air with his hand out, Miyake smirked and quickly grabbed onto Izuku's hand. Miyake turned on his heels and projected Izuku over the finish line.

"Midoriya Izuku is our champion!"

Miyake's grin was unable to be contained as he rushed through the finish line with a new goal in mind besides winning, he wanted to hug his best friend. Miyake ran forward, piling on top of Izuku, who was crushing it with the waterworks.

"You're so smart, Izuku!" Miyake grasped his arms around Izuku, pulling him closer, "You got first place, look at you!!"

Izuku cried harder, clutching the back of Miyake's uniform, "WAHH! You threw me over, Mimi-Chan! You really helped me!!!" He then began apologizing for ruining Miyake's uniform.

"The contestants are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results." Present Mic spoke thought the intercoms as Aizawa stared at Izuku and Miyake.

Uraraka, panting and very nauseous, ran over to Miyake and Izuku, "Wow, you guys! Deku-Kun, you placed first! That was amazing!"

Miyake smiled brightly, his happiness for Izuku overwhelming him, "It was awesome!"

"O-Oh, well... I-It was noth-nothing, really! Thank you."

A sly and rather sultry tone took over the intercoms, "The first game for the first years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?"

As the placings took over the electronic screen, in front of the entire audience and students, Midnight continued speaking, "Only the top will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine."

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best! Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be?" Midnight edged on, the suspense creating a tense cloud around everyone.

Miyake and Izuku continued holding onto each other for dear life, hoping whatever was next wasn't a fend for yourselves. While the previous exercise was a "fend for yourself", Miyake found that students were unintentionally helping each other, it was nice.

"Prepare yourselves..." Midnight sung, the drum roll dramatically cutting the tension, "...for this!"

Miyake deflated slightly, "A cavalry battle? Izuku, what in the hell in a cavalry battle?"

"Well-" Izuku muttered, "It's kinda like-"

"Allow me to explain." Midnight unintentionally cut off Midoriya, "The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference."

She winked, camera shutters going off like crazy, "Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."

"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams." Midoriya concluded, glancing at Miyake who wasn't too keen on letting the small teen go anytime soon.

Miyake shrugged slightly, as best he could with his arms around Midoriya, "That seems pretty simple. So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it."

"Uh-Huh!" Uraraka hugged Miyake from the side, joining the enthusiastically (and anxiously) never-ending hug.

"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you." Midnight easily hushed the bustling crowd of students, she smiled sternly, "Now, then. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom."

A screen appears on the main monitors, showcasing the cavalry battle's point system, assuring that everyone knows what is going on. 

"For example, nd place is worth five points, and st is worth ten. And the point value assigned tothe first place contestant is..." The screen lit up in gold next to Izuku's name, "...ten million!"

Miyake's arms dropped to his sides, he could hear Izuku's heartbeat practically stop in it's tracked as the teenager paled, "T-Ten million?"

Miyake's hands began trembling, he looked up at the screen, realizing he was also a top pointer. Miyake clenched his fists, assigning them pointedly next to his sides. Uraraka worriedly glanced over Izuku, who seemed frozen in shock.

Miyake grimaced, groaning before he screamed out, "OH WHAT THE FUCK?!"