Chapter 2

I examined the life around me, my mouth wide open. The grass covered ground, the big stone walls, the boys in white sweatshirts.

I looked a Charlotte, giving a big smile.

"Thank god we are wearing white jackets, sweatpants, and sneakers." I said with a laugh.

Charlotte laughed.

"Who are you?" I heard from behind me. I saw Charlotte get a big smile on her face. It was Newt. I turn around and spoke.

"Uh, I'm Katelyn and this is Charlotte." I said.

"How did ya get here without using the Box?" Newt asked.

"Uh..." I gave a nervous glance at Charlotte, who was giving dreamy eyes at Newt. Oh brother. I stepped on her foot to get rid of her dreamy gaze.

"Ow!" She yelled, waking me on the back of my head.

I whispered in her ear to, as I quote, "Shut up and act like a normal glader".

"Never mind. I don't want to know. Just go talk to Alby over there and have him give ya a tour of the bloody glade." Newt said, walking away toward the Box.

"He's more amazing in person." Charlotte said.

"Yea, well you acted a little, fan-girlish." I said.

"Oh, whatever!" Charlotte said, giving me a glare. I saw some boys staring at us; Winston and Frypan.

"What? Haven't you ever seen a girl before!" Charlotte yelled.

"Haven't you seen a book travelers before?" I yelled. They gave us a weird looked and then ran off to the Box.

"Ha! They looked scared." Charlotte said.

"Ok, you saw your boyfriend, now I get to see mine. Come on!" I yelled dragging Charlotte toward the Box.