Chapter 9

I sat up, what seemed about an hour later. My mind was clearing up, brainstorming possible ideas for a way to get us out of the Maze.

I knew where the exit was, so why couldn't I just get a couple of people to come with me and leave? Charlotte said we had to finish the book. Maybe we could skip the 40 chapters and the Griever attack and head straight to the ending without those people dying. All we have to do is just run out the door and leave the book.

I looked outside the window to see Charlotte standing next to Newt with the pole as they banished Ben.

The doors we closing. Ben hesitated, and eventually was forced inside the Maze.

The Doors closed.

Everyone stood in silence, eyes looking at the grass floor.

Alby said something and then everyone started walking away. I saw Thomas ask Charlotte something. Must've been about me because she pointed toward the window where I was standing.

Thomas sprinted off, and soon the door swung open and Thomas came in.

"I didn't know where you were." Thomas said when he entered.

I stayed quiet.

"I heard you scream, just couldn't find you." Thomas continued.

I stayed quiet, about to burst into tears.

"Katelyn?" Thomas asked.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"I don't think you are." Thomas said, coming over to hug me. I wanted to push him away because hugs are not what I needed at the moment.

I was about to cry though, and I apparently needed a hug because I gave in and eventually found myself crying on Tommy's shoulder.

"Tomorrow's gonna be hard on me." I whispered.

"Why?" Thomas asked.

"Because I know exactly what's going to happen. Ably gonna get stung and your going to run into the Maze when the Doors are closing. I know it. You can't change that." I whispered.

"Why would Ably get stung? Why would I run into the Maze when the Doors are closing? Newt said-" Thomas started.

"Well it doesn't matter to you, Thomas. I know more about you than you do about yourself." I said, escaping from him.

Thomas stayed silent.

"I'm not leaving you. What you think might of happened won't happen because you are here. Were you there when I apparently ran into the Maze?" Thomas asked.

"No...no girl was." I said.

"Things have changed from what you heard of." Thomas said.

"But it will be the same exact thing, no matter what." I said.