Chapter 26

I woke up in the Slammer, Thomas looking down at me.

"Of all the crazy things you could have done, you did that." He said with a smirk on his face.

I sat up, rubbing my head. "How long was I out?" I asked.

"Two bloody days." This was Newt. He was leaning up against the Slammer's door.

"And why are we in the Slammer?" I asked.

"Gally's taken charge. He says you guys are a threat to the Glade. You're supposed to be 'banished' at noon." Charlotte said.

"And this whole time...I thought we were just visitors." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" Charlotte asked.

"There is no Teresa, because I am Teresa." I said.

"Wait, I'm so confused." Charlotte said.

"Thomas and I did this to all of you guys. They all started with challenges, but then everyone disappeared one by one." I started.

"So they were sending us here." Newt said.

"Exactly. I took Teresa's place here in the Glade. She must have took our spot back at North." I said.

"So? It's been too long since I've had an adventure." Charlotte said.

"Especially an adventure in the Maze." I replied.

"Ok, we get it. Ya come from a different place than we all did." Newt said, getting annoyed.

"Relax, Newt. We're gonna get out of this Maze." Charlotte said, kissing Newt on the cheek.

"Really, Love? We're gonna get outta here alive?" Newt said as they both walked away.

"She's gonna be so heartbroken when we disappear." I said.

"You're not leaving! My perfect Keeper is leaving me?" Thomas said.

"Thomas-" I started.

"Please don't leave me." He said, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"We are going to be banished and this is how we spend our last? Laughing uncontrollably? Come on, Tom. We can do better than that." I said.

"Fine. Lets go kill a Griever and die. Then come back from the dead and be banished." Thomas said, sarcastically.

We both started laughing.

"You know, you gave me a heart attack." Thomas said.

"You care that much?" I asked.

"Yea. Of course I do." Thomas said.

He leaned into me, and I leaned into him. Our lips collided, and I didn't want it to end.