Chapter 15

I woke up before the Doors even opened. The sun was slowly starting to rise.

I got up and started walking toward the Doors.

When I reached them, I paced back and forth, waiting for them to open.

"I thought I might find you here." I heard. It was Charlotte.

"Where else would you expect to see me? You think I would be somewhere else when my boyfriend might be dead?" I said.

She laughed.

A minutes past. Boys began to flock in front of the Doors. The Doors started to open, moving slowly at first. The Doors stayed open for a matter of seconds before Newt spoke.

"Katelyn, he ain't coming back." He said. Boys started to walk away from the Doors. I stood there, staring into the Maze. I saw Thomas run around the corner of the Maze, dashing toward the open Doors.

He ran into the Glade, out of breath. I gave him a hug and he returned one back.

"You're alive." I whispered.

"I had something to live for." He whispered back.

"How in the bloody heck did you survive a night in the Maze?" Newt asked when he saw Thomas.

"I ran." Thomas replied.

"It ain't that bloody simple, Thomas." Newt said.

"Don't worry about me. Is Alby ok?" Thomas asked.

"Yea, he's fine, and we should be worrying about you." Newt said.

Thomas was about to protest when one of the Med-jacks came out.

"It's Alby. He's awake." One of them said.