Chapter 8

I was carried to the Homestead and placed on a bed. I just sat there staring off into space.

"Katelyn...can you please explain?" Charlotte asked.

I just sat there staring, completely confused.

"Katelyn. Please." Charlotte begged.

"Ben said he reconized me. He said I was there. Thomas wasn't on his mind." I finally said.

"How's that even possible? We were sent here by Mrs. Sterling." Charlotte said.

"I don't want to be here when Teresa triggers the Ending. I want to go home but drag Thomas and Newt with us," I cried. "I can't look at Chuck or Alby, I just can't."

"Katelyn, I think we have to live the book. That means more time with Tommy, right?" Charlotte said, trying to cheer me up.

"Not when Teresa gets here." I murmured.

"Maybe Sterling will use her magical powers to change the book and make Teresa be friends with him and not date him." Charlotte said.

"You can't change what's already written down in ink. Its rock solid. You don't see pictures of a girl named Katelyn in the movie. You see a picture of Teresa." I said.

"That doesn't mean anything." Charlotte said.

"It means everything. It means you cant have Newt, and I cant have Tommy." I yelled.

"Katelyn-" Charlotte started.

"They're fiction characters an author made up!" I yelled.

I laid down on my bed facing the wall. I felt like crying. I was going to get up and apologize, but the door already slammed shut and I was alone in the Homestead.