Chapter 4

"Run? Oh come on! Alby, we don't know who they are! We don't know where they came from and they're girls!" Gally complained.

"Gally shut your mouth!" Newt yelled.

"They can stay here. Show Greenie around if ya want, too. Just don't-" Alby started.

"Leave the walls. Yea, we know." I finished.

Thomas walked over to us, followed by Chuck.

"Hi. The name's Katelyn." I said.

"Hi," Thomas said, looking around. "Where am I?" He asked.

"Your in the Glade, Greenie." I replied. I was going to say Thomas, but if I'm correct, he doesn't know his name...yet.

"Is this a prison?" Thomas asked.

Chuck gave a laugh.

"And why are you calling me Greenie?" Thomas asked.

"'Cause your the new Newbie. Every month, someone comes out of that Box and into the Glade along with supplies." I replied.

"How do you know that? There ain't been two teenage girls around here until now." Chuck asked.

"Um..." I started.

"Listen, Chuck. Best if ya don't mess with us or you'll be talking to the bloody Grievers." Charlotte said.

"Geez! Its just a question!" Chuck yelled.

"Chuck, we know more about this place than you'll ever know." I said.

"What did I do to be sent here?" Thomas asked.

"Listen, Greenie. I'm sure ya got a lot of questions, but can you tell me anything about yourself?" I asked.

Thomas thought for a moment before replying.

"I can't remember anything." He answered.

"Its ok. It happens to all of us." I replied.

Well, that was a lie...most of us.