Chapter 11

The next morning when I woke up, I saw Alby and Minho leave the Glade.

"Alby ain't gonna get stung." Thomas said.

"I wish I could believe you." I thought.

The day past slowly, it was raining here and there. Everyone was huddled under the canopy, waiting for Minho and Alby to come back.

"They should've been back by now." Chuck said.

"Are they gonna make it?" Thomas asked Newt.

"They're gonna make it." Newt replied.

"They're not going to make it." I said.

"They're gonna make it." Newt reasured me.

When the rain stopped, everyone in the Glade stood in front of the Doors. Charlotte stood next to Newt, holding his hand, looking like she was going to tear up. I stood next to Thomas, who stood next to Newt. I was ready to sprint in.

I pictured Minho dragging Alby (like in the movie). I imagined me running out and carrying Alby and all three of us making it back into the Glade.

"There they are!" I heard someone yell.

I looked inside the Maze, seeing Minho dragging Alby. I was about to run in, but Thomas grabbed my arm and shook his head 'no'. I was about to freak out when Thomas dashed into the Maze.

"Thomas!" I yelled and dashed in after him. We were all dragging Alby, inches away from the Doors as they started to close.

We sprinted toward the Doors, Minho and Alby getting out just in time. Thomas got behind me and gave me a shove towards the Door. That extra shove pushed me out of the Maze, leaving my fictional boyfriend stuck in the Maze at night, surrounded by hungry Grievers.