Chapter 14

"Get this one to Newt. I don't think he would believe me. He seems to trust you more than me." I said, handing Charlotte one of the needles.

She ran of toward the Homestead, and disappeared into the blackness of the night. I stood there, staring at the Walls.

"You'll come back. I know you will." I whispered towards the Wall, hoping Thomas would here me.

I soon ran off toward the Homestead, walking through the door.

"This thing could kill him!" I heard Newt yelled.

"He's already in enough pain already!" Charlotte yelled back.

Alby seemed to be in a lot of pain.

"This can save him!" Charlotte yelled.

"And what if it doesn't? Hmm? What then?" Newt asked.

"Trust me. I know it works." Charlotte said.

"I don't understand how you girls know so much and have only been here three bloody days. How is that even possible?" Newt asked.

"That doesn't matter. Do you want to save Alby or not?" Charlotte said.

There was a long pause of silence.

"Fine. Go ahead." Newt finally answered.

Charlotte jabbed the needle in Alby's chest, allowing Alby to breathe normal again.

"Go get yourself some sleep now. Morning comes pretty fast here." Newt said, his voice calm.

I stepped out, pretending I didn't here a thing as I heard Charlotte walk down the stairs.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"Yea. Newt wouldn't trust me at first." Charlotte said.

"He has known Alby for a long time." I pointed out.

"Yea. Now come on. Might as well sleep. Nothing else we can do." Charlotte replied.