Entite Chapter 3

Chapter: 3

"Mira." Her grandfather said with exasperation. It was just past sunset and he had just arrived for the night.

"Grandfather, I know you're worried, but it's the best thing I can think of." She said and he was shaking his head.

"I don't like the idea of you in danger." She sighed.

"I do this for a living, don't forget, and the place I picked is within the rogue's apparent hunting area. I chose this exact spot because there are two buildings, one a mile off with a good vantage point, and one just a block away with just as good a vantage point. You and James can set up watch and be on me in fifteen seconds if there's a problem."

"More than enough time for him to rip your head off. Which I'll remind you, you will not heal from." He said and she sighed again in frustration. They'd waited for him to get there before disposing of the body so he could get a scent. He confirmed it was the same one that was on the other victim, and stuck by his assertion that its owner was unknown to him.

"I've been trained grandfather, I'm an Entite. I can handle myself." She said and this time he sighed.

"You're hurt." He said nodding his head, she could tell by this point he was just looking for any excuse he could come up with. And he was starting to run out of arguments. She smiled a little.

"I have a bruise on my knee, hardly time to call in Melina." She said and he shook his head and laughed. He pulled her into a hug. She enjoyed his hugs. His body may be cold, and despite being Entite she was still human, certain deep-rooted instincts warned her that it was dangerous to let him so close. But despite his unbeating heart and cold body, his feelings of love for her had their own warmth, and she was always comforted by his nearness.

"You heard the lady James, let us get everything ready." He said and she smiled.

...

An hour later she was standing at the mouth of an alley near a streetlight on Pike avenue. She hugged her faux fur half jacket closer at the chill in the air.

"Your outfit is atrocious." A whispered voice entered her ear, she laughed. Jacob hated her tight leather outfit and fishnet stockings. She had to admit it showed more of her cleavage than she was used to normally. Well except on stage of course when she was stark to the world. Jacob made a point to stay firmly in his office when that happened.

"I kinda like it." James said and she smiled a little and shook her head. A few hours passed and other than being propositioned a dozen times, nothing else happened, except that it felt like her tits were getting frostbite.

"I don't think this is our night." She said into the small microphone hidden in the fur of her jacket.

"We should head back and..." Jacob began but cut himself off.

"Mira?" She turned her head to see Eddie approaching her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, he was staring at her mouth half open.

"I'm on lunch break, since I'm working over they gave me an hour. I was heading to meet Levi at the Chinese place over on Cross. What are you doing out here? Dressed like that." She wracked her brain for something, but nothing came to her.

"I.." His face changed to one of anger.

"So this is what you really do." She tilted her head in confusion. "Oh come on look at yourself, you're dressed like that standing on a street corner." He took a step back. "Are you a hooker?"