Entite Chapter 13

Chapter:13

"Do you think he'll show?" She turned with a smile when Seamus came into the room to sit in the chair beside hers. She rested her head on her arms that were folded on the table in front of her.

"I hope so." He patted her arm.

"I'm sure he'll show, but he won't be here for at least a day. Go get some sleep. We'll all need to be at our best if we're going to finally put an end to this son of a bitch." She nodded and stood.

"Tell grandfather where I am when he wakes." She said and he nodded.

She made her way to her bedroom and kicked off her shoes. She'd given up the apartment that she'd shared with Eddie and moved back in with her grandfather. The place just held far too many memories. She was exhausted, she'd been working as much as she could in the past three months.

The club was shorthanded with the loss of Jessica, they would eventually have to replace her as day manager, but she could never be replaced in their hearts. Gaston was gone but there was still the occasional rogue that needed dealing with, she pretty much only dealt with the ones in town though.

She couldn't really see herself going out of town to hunt with one of the others, James was her partner. They worked well together, anyone else would have just been too weird. She tried to stay busy because the alternative was to think about everything that had happened since November.

She missed Jessica, the girl was always willing to help, and she always had a smile. She was too gentle for this line of work. Every day when she walked into the club her mind instinctively sought her out before remembering that she would never see her again.

She missed Eddie. She missed the way he'd do just about anything to make her laugh if she was sad. She missed his terrible singing along with their music. When she'd had a particularly bad night at work he would hold her close without pressing her for information as to what was wrong. Information she wouldn't have been able to tell him. He never even pressed her for the truth about her lame excuses for why she'd be heading out of town for days at a time. He'd told her he trusted her, and if she'd only been honest...

She also missed James. She had to remind herself often that he wasn't dead. Because he was just as gone as the other two were from her life. The one person in her life she could ever be completely honest with. The one person that truly understood how she felt. She missed his strong arms around her.

Mostly she missed the relationship they had before she told him how she felt. At first it had been great. He had given her what she needed without pushing her for more. But in the few days before he took off he'd barely look at her.

She'd told him not to feel like she was using him. But she couldn't help but wonder if that was what he'd felt. And now that he was coming back, what now? She laid down and closed her eyes with a stretch, but her mind wouldn't be ignored. What now? The words were practically printed on the back of her eyelids. That's all her mind would focus on.

She stood and put her shoes back on and headed back toward the kitchen. The weather was a little warmer today than it had been, and she planned to take a walk in the backyard. Although she didn't know what that would accomplish as she was already so physically tired her body felt heavy as she walked. She paused when she heard Seamus's voice coming from the kitchen. She didn't mean to, but she found herself listening in. She heard him laugh.

"So what's Kevin doing?" She listened as he laughed. "Why is it when he's getting on your nerves he's all of a sudden 'my son?" He shook his head. "And how's my daughter? Yes I know for a fact it's my daughter and not my son because I already have a son and I want one of each." He laughed again. "It most certainly works that way." He said and paused when he looked up and noticed her, his smile faded a little.