Entite Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Mira awoke with a groan at the pain in the back of her skull. She opened her eyes and blinked with, at first confusion, and then dawning horror. She was in the middle of nowhere. She started to struggle, but she couldn't get free. She looked down.

A thick metal chain pinned her to, what felt like a tree behind her, a sense of Deja vu washed over her. This is what he'd done to Julia, the bastard. The chain was wrapped once around her chest, once around her waist, thankfully right below her stomach, twice around her legs, and once at the ankles. She pulled forward to see if perhaps she could snap the tree instead of the chains, though she wasn't sure what good that would do her. She stopped when she heard a laugh.

"I doubt even you will be able to break free Mrs. Costa. She turned her head, Gaston was sitting on a tree stump. Right leg crossed over the left, looking completely relaxed. "I must admit I underestimated your strength. As a woman I assumed you would be useless, physically inferior to the other Entites. I was wrong." Admitting this seemed to anger him.

"I wish I'd learned sooner, when I stole my grandsons away from their home, I left several females behind thinking them of no use. Had I taken them too, I wouldn't have suffered the defeat at the plantation." He said angrily then smiled. "But let us not talk of such unpleasant things. Congratulations on the life growing inside you Mrs. Costa." He said in his usual gloating manner, then for one moment his face took on a look, she would almost describe as sadness.

"My wife was pregnant when I was sent off to battle. My human life ended before I could meet my child, who I now know was a son that she named Louie." He shook his head then smiled again, man this guy had multiple personalities. "Anyway, thanks to my dear Louie I had a whole line of descendants ripe for the picking as they say."

"How can you speak of what you did to them with no feelings? They were your family, your grandchildren, and now they're all dead, minus the one that got away." Gaston laughed at this and shook his head.

"They were tools Mira, do you cry when you lose a gun or knife? They were means to my end and that is all." He said then smiled. "Well, actually you had it right the first time, they are all dead now. They failed me back at the plantation. Timothy felt so bad about that that he volunteered to head back there and finish what he started." He said and stood.

"By blowing himself, and your bodyguards straight to hell." She began to struggle again but stopped when she felt the motion tugging at her stomach. They couldn't be dead, she wouldn't believe it. Gaston laughed and patted her on the cheek. His nearness made her gag, he smelled too much of fresh blood.

"Oh you poor dear." He said with a smile. "Calm down, I have a feeling we will be seeing them soon, you see I have a theory I wanted to test out. That's the reason for all the theatrics you see. "See despite the fact your giant survived the trap my men had set for him, I still had the upper hand.

"With my men's guns on you, your giant wouldn't have made a move." His hands slammed into the tree right by her head and he roared in her face. "But then the fire came leaping out at me!" He lowered his voice to a growl. "Why was that? What magic could you possibly possess." She spit in his face causing him to take a startled step back. She had to, she couldn't stand the smell of his breath so close to her face. It earned her a slap so hard that it gave her whiplash.

"Don't you fucking touch her!" She turned her head when she heard James's roar coming from the edge of the trees in front of them. Gaston took a quick step to her side and wrapped his arms around her throat and head.

"That's close enough boys, first bullet I feel enter my body, I twist this woman's head off of her shoulders like a grape." She couldn't see him anymore, but she could hear the laughter in his voice. "I was right, I left you four absolutely no clues to my random location, and yet you found me. You have a ghost leading you." He knelt down so she could see him out of the corner of her eye.