Entite Chapter 32

Chapter 32

She'd recognized the man who'd spoken. Andrew Quinn, he was one of the higher ups in the FBI on the truth of things. They hadn't resisted. The only way they'd be getting out of the clearing not in cuffs was to slaughter all twelve of the men surrounding them.

Quinn had shaken his head at them as he looked at the slaughter around them. He'd asked them not to resist. Knowing that every one of them could easily break the cuffs. Her grandfather had sighed but before holding his arms out in front of him he pointed at Seamus and merely said "Turning." Quinn nodded and called for a body bag.

They hadn't acted like they knew Quinn, and of course he hadn't acted like he knew any of them. Even though she'd had coffee with the man the month before Eddie died as they'd discussed a case.

Despite whatever the hub had told him, he still trusted them enough that the moment they were cuffed everyone lowered their guns. He even cuffed them all in the front, knowing it was all just for show anyway.

They placed them inside of a van, there were no windows. The back had seats along the walls. Her and James on one side, Jacob and Fenton on the other, then Seamus's body was placed on the floor between them.

She heard Quinn telling his very confused men to head back to the office, and speak about what they'd witnessed tonight to no one. One had asked about the other bodies in the clearing. He'd told them a second team was on their way now to deal with them.

No doubt a cleanup crew. She wondered what they would do with his wounded Entite? End them, or allow them to recover for questioning. Of course if they were allowed to wake they might have things to say that would be damning to Leonisis, so she doubted any of those men would wake up again. The men didn't argue, but she couldn't help but wonder why he'd brought so many to begin with.

A show of force most likely, had he come alone, they could probably have easily subdued the man without killing him. He must not be fully convinced they were guilty though, if he had been then he would have believed them capable of ripping these poor men to shreds, and never brought so many. Or maybe he thought enough of them would be able to do enough damage to them to render them unconscious before they could do much harm.

A few bullets to the brain would bring them all down, even Fenton and her grandfather. A regular bullet would subdue a vampire, but their bodies would push them out fairly quickly.

Whatever the case it was a long uncomfortable ride back to the Hub.

Thankfully, thanks to stress, exhaustion, and blood loss, she'd slept most of the way there, leaned into James's side. It must have been morning when they got there, because the van had been pulled directly into the factory.

Standing outside the doors when they opened was, pretty much everyone that worked at the hub, minus the council of course. All of them had their guns trained right on them, even ones she'd never seen armed before.

"Thanks for all your help Quinn, we'll take them from here." Ashcroft said, stepping forward to shake the man's hand. He turned back to them.

"They didn't even put up a fight Ashcroft. The girl's not lookin so good, Seamus is in the body bag. Lord Jacobello said he's turning." Ashcroft's eyes shot to her grandfather.

"He was fatally wounded in our battle. We did not want to lose him." Ashcroft sighed.

"For all the good that did." He looked at her briefly. James had angled himself between her and the pointed guns the moment they'd stepped off the van. He'd also broken his cuffs. He reached his hand back for hers now.