Entite Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"There's no way of knowing which of the two properties he would have chosen." James said dawning the stupid cap his uncle had brought him when they'd woken them that evening. They'd let them sleep until nine while he and Jacob had gone out with the last of their funds to purchase a few supplies.

It wasn't much, mainly instant noodles for him and Mira to eat and a few things to disguise them all with as best as they could. They'd apparently managed to get a hold of Seamus before he'd left town and he'd agreed to head to the mansion to grab whatever funds he could get his hands on before making his way down here, but that would still be a few days.

In the meantime they would have to get around on foot, or by taxi, which was a terrible idea when they were trying to stay completely off the radar. They were officially wanted men now. The less interaction they had with the public the better. Especially since for disguises he, his uncle, and Jacob were mainly dressed like tourists, wearing big easy t-shirts, jeans, and baseball caps with random sports teams on them. "So I think we should pick the closest one first." He said and turned when the bathroom door opened. His jaw nearly hit the floor.

"You look ridiculous." Jacob said and James shook his head. It was hard to believe he was looking at the woman he loved. Her hair was a deep black, so there wasn't any way they could dye it without bleaching it first, and they hadn't had time for that.

Instead her grandfather had managed to find some red spray dye and makeup wherever it was they'd bought supplies that night. Mira had straightened her hair and sprayed several strips of it red. She'd also put on the makeup he'd bought her, which was mainly black lipstick and eyeshadow. She was dressed in a short black leather dress with some kind of hoop through her nose.

"I don't know, I think it's pretty sexy." Mira shook her head with a laugh.

"You think everything I wear is sexy." She said and he smiled remembering the pj's she'd been wearing before she walked into the bathroom.

"And everything you don't." He said then shook his head. "But she can hardly fight in that." He said turning toward her grandfather.

"Actually I can, I can move pretty good with it on, someone's likely to get flashed, but I can move." She said and sighed looking at the bed where they'd laid all the weapons they had, it wasn't much. "What I want to know is how we're going to get all that stuff in a taxi."

His uncle turned to the corner where they'd piled everything when they'd first entered and retrieved a plastic bag before handing it to her. There was barely any room for any of them to move with the four of them cramped into the tiny room.

"What is it?" She asked, staring at the object she was pulling out of the bag. She turned it this way and that before her grandfather sighed.

"It's a purse Mira, as a woman surely you know what one is." Mira tossed the bag on the bed and turned to her grandfather. She put her hands on her hips.

"That's not a purse, grandfather, that's an old lady bag. Purses nowadays are small dainty things that you can barely fit a wallet into. I could carry an entire arsenal in that thing, and still have room for a small child in there." She said and James turned his head to keep her from seeing the smile on his face. It was just too hard not to smile when she got irritated like that, as long as it wasn't at him he admitted. She just looked too damned cute.

"Well we need something to fit an arsenal into." He said with a sigh and she shook her head.

"Sorry love, I know it doesn't go with your outfit." James said and earned a smack on his arm for the comment, he laughed anyway.