Entite Chapter 5

Chapter: 5

When he pulled in he sat in the parking lot a minute debating the best way to get her upstairs. In the end he just decided to carry her rather than wake her. He started to worry when he was able to lift up her seat, then her from the car and carry her all the way upstairs into his apartment, and to his couch without her even stirring.

He laid her down on the couch and sat by her feet with a groan. His head was pounding, and his throat burned. She didn't stir once the whole way to his couch, but of course when he coughed to clear his throat, she jumped up as if she'd been electrocuted. She looked around at her surroundings then to him.

"Sorry, you fell asleep. I've got a massive headache, so I was coming home anyway. I figured you could use some sleep so I was going to take you to the bedroom and sleep out here after I sat down for a few minutes." She nodded and sat up straighter.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." He shook his head.

"You needed it, I know you didn't sleep last night." He stood trying to remember where in the hell his damn pain killers were. You think at twenty-seven years old he'd have enough sense to keep them in the same spot so when he needed them, he'd be able to find them. Of course he hadn't had a headache like this since before becoming an Entite, but he had broken enough bones and got knocked around enough times that having a prescription of pain pills around was necessary. He sighed "Are you hungry? I don't have much but I could find you something. She bit her lower lip and shook her head. "Yea, I don't blame you. Imma get a bottle of water, want one?" She nodded.

"Thanks," He gave her a small smile and walked over to his tiny refrigerator and removed two cold bottles. Normally he would have put two more in to take their place, but his headache wasn't leaving him much room to think. Luckily one thing occurred to him while he was standing there. He handed her some water and excused himself to his bedroom.

He pulled open his side table drawer and sighed with relief when he saw the RX label starting back at him. He didn't have to read it, they were the only prescription pills he had. He walked out to join her on the couch and went to work on the bottle. For some reason he was having trouble getting the damned thing opened. He could lift a car if he had to and was having problems with a lid. She took it from him and opened it quickly.

"You know these things are supposed to be child proof, but children have an easier time opening them than adults." She said, handing him the bottle and lid. He gave her a small weak smile.

"No wonder that was so easy for you then." He gave a little laugh when she lifted her arm to smack his, as she'd done a billion times, but just sighed and lowered it.

Mira was his opposite in so many ways. He was six foot seven, she was barely over five feet. His hair was red, and his skin pale. Her hair was black, her skin a beautiful olive tone. She was small, so underestimated by everyone, while most shied away from him because of his hulking frame.

He sighed and popped two of the pills into his mouth. The label clearly said one, but he was pretty sure it wouldn't cut it tonight. When he was done he offered her the bottle.

"Thanks," She said, pouring one into her hand. "I've had a constant headache since last night." As Entites they were immune to all ailments that were fatal, such as cancer and the like. They healed from things such as colds, flus, and injuries much quicker than normal humans.

Broken bones healed in a day mostly, depending on their location. A broken finger could heal in an hour, whereas a broken spine could take two to three days. But they were just as susceptible as anyone else when it came to stress and exhaustion, maybe even more so.