Entitled Chapter 17

Chapter:17

Two nights later a half an hour before sundown she, James, and Seamus were rushing about the manor. She stood in the weapons room walking in a slow circle. James dropped the bag he'd been packing and walked to her side. He placed his hands on either side of her face.

"Breath, Seamus and I got the weapons, you just go finish packing your stuff." She shook her head, she should be helping, but for some reason she felt so damned overwhelmed as she looked around at it all that she couldn't focus.

"You two need my help." She said and turned back to the rack of steaks she'd been standing at and began trying to calculate how many to take.

"Seriously Mir breath. You're trying to do too much at once. James and I got the weapons, but if you feel like you need to do something we still need the cooler packed for the trip." She nodded, at least she would feel like she was helping if she got their provisions together. She stood up on her tip toes and placed a kiss on James cheek before she walked out of the room.

Usually she and James would just stop at restaurants along the way when they got hungry, but other than that they would drive straight through to their destination taking turns when the other got tired.

But her grandfather and Fenton would be along on this journey, albeit in their own vehicle, so they would only be able to drive till dawn. Knowing that they wanted to get as much traveling done before then so they'd be packing a meal and snacks instead.

She made her way to her bedroom listing off the things in her mind that she always forgot to pack; deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, she kept repeating them over and over as she reached for her toiletries bag next to her suitcase where she knew she'd set it before going to help the boys in the weapons room. It wasn't there, she looked around the floor and the rest of the room before checking the bathroom.

There it was sitting on the side of the sink even though she could have sworn she took it into the bedroom, she must be losing her mind. She filled it quickly, rattling off the list of things that she needed in her head over and over again. She most assuredly had forgotten something, that's just who she was. She placed it on top of her clothes and zipped up the suitcase before pulling it off of the bed and taking it with her to the kitchen.

She set it out of the way as she pulled the cooler up on top of the table and filled it with ice first before packing the stuff for sandwiches on top. She'd just set the last of the soda's inside and closed the lid when she realized she wasn't alone in the room. She jumped till she realized it was Fenton.

She was used to seeing the man in three-piece suites, even when resting around the house. Today he was dressed casually in jeans and a gray t-shirt. It made him look younger than he normally did. Of course he was a little over fourteen hundred years old so he could be wearing a bathrobe and slippers and still look younger than he was.

"Sorry to startle you, just coming to check on your progress." She nodded and set the cooler down next to her suitcase. She knew it was heavy, but as an Entite she could bench press it for hours without getting tired, only bored.

"It's fine, I'm finished here, as soon as the boys are done with the weapons I think we'll be ready to go, I think James is packed up already that is." She said and turned when she heard him coming up the hall.

"I am," He said, stepping into the room and placing a kiss on her forehead. "We've got the vehicles packed uncle except for this here. We'll be ready to go in a moment." The man smiled and nodded.

"Thank you James." He said and turned from the room.

"Master." There was something she'd been curious about for a while, but hadn't gotten around to asking about. He might tell her it was council business anyway but it wouldn't hurt to ask.