Chapter eight

Everyone just froze. 

"What do you mean you can't live with us ?"

Pietro had just spoke up and his voice was so unsure that I immediately felt guilty. But I just couln't. I couln't just drop everything and stay with them.

"- Guys, I'm in the middle of school year.  It's not reasonnable for me to just change school and certainly not to change country. I'm very pleased that I met you all and you can't imagine the joy and pride that I feel when I think about you all being my soulmates. It's just soo amazing...

- Then why don't you just stay ? If money is the problem, I can pay. I can pay whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy. I just want you to be happy, but I also want you to be near me. I don't want you to be across the ocean.

- I don't really want to be away from you either. But I have friends and a family back there, across the ocean. And I'm already seventeen years old which means that I'll soon be an adult. And if you want, you can come see me in France. I can also ask my mom if I can come during holidays, and you can call me at least once a day, we can have a group chat or something. 

- Yeah, I guess that'll work..."

With that being said, Tony just left the room. Now, the akward silence is back and I still don't know what to do. Part of me wants to run after him and if no one talks in the next thirty seconds, I think that it's exactly what I'll do.

No one dares to speak a word so I just get up and go the way Tony left, leaving the rest of my soulmates suprised. 

I soon am lost and I miraculously remember about the I.A that kinda runs the building.

"- F.R.I.D.A.Y, where is Tony ?

- In his room.

- Can you guide me there ? I'm kinda lost.

- Of course."

The A.I then leads me to another room. I gently knock at the door and only receive a growl as an answer. I decide to enter even thought it may not be the best option. What I see when I open the door breaks my heart. Tony is sitting on his bed with tears streaming down his face and he looks at what looks like a soulmark. He doesn't seem to realise that I'm here. 

I step in the room and carefully close the door. I then just go to him and sit on his bed next to him. His head snaps at me violently and his gaze looks almost frightened. It pains me to this this look in his eyes. 

Since I don't know what to do, I just wrap my arms around him and hug him. His head is now resting on my right shoulder and he still lets his tears fall. We don't speak for a while, until he just stands up and goes in what I assume is his personnal bathroom. When after more than five minutes he's still in the bathroom, I decide to go check on him.

"- Tony ? Tony, you've been in ther for a while now, please come out.

- I think it's probably better if you leave."

It hurts like hell. When I watched movies or read books and this kind of situation hapened, I always thought that it was stupid for the character to leave. But now that it's really happening, I understand why they left. It's because it hurts so much that you just don't know what to do and you just leave. But I always refused to be like one of those characters, so I stay, ready for more rejection.

"- I'm not going anywhere Tony. You're hurting because of me, I'm not leaving you in there alone when everything is because of me.

- It's not because of you. It was stupid of me to think that you would come stay with us.

- I want to stay with you, I really do. The thing is, it's scary. All of it. Finding so many of you so quickly and you all accepted me whithout asking anything in return and I just don't know what to do, how to act. I never dated anyone in my entire life, everything is new and yeah, I'm scared as hell. Hurting you was never my intention, really. I really want to be here for you, all of you. But you have to understand that I have a life in France, with family and friends, and I just can't leave them like this.

- I understand, I really do."

He then steps out of the bathroom. He clearly tried to put on some concealer to hide his puffy eyes but he's not so good with make-up. I smile at him and he smiles back and grab my hand.

" Let's go, the others are probably waiting."