Chapter sixteen

A/N : play the music when the title comes, later in the chapter

I wake at the sounds of someone having a nightmare. 'Bucky'. I know that with his past, he could possibly hurt me, not that he would want any of that, but still. I have to be carefull as of how I decide to wake him up, if I wake him up.

I'm already laying in his embrace, his metal arm under my head and his other arm aound me, so I just move closer to him and gently put my head in the crook of his neck and my hands on his sweating torso. I try to reassure him through our bong, and, after a bit of time, he calms down.

"- 'm sorry I woke you up, doll.

- It's okay, it's actually my stomach that woke me up.

- And thank you for helping me with my nightmare.

- If you need to talk about it, I'm here.

- Thanks. So, cooking or not ?

- As long as it's chocolate cake, my stomach will wait a bit longer. But can we cuddle a bit before ?

- How about we cuddle after ?

- You're lucky you're hot.

- Sure doll, sure."

We get up and make our way to the kitchen. Since there's like, a lot of people who need to be fed in this tower, Bucky and I are making four cakes and since I like chocolate so much, there will only be some chocolate cake. To say that we are having fun in the kitchen would be an understatement. It will take a little while to clean everything afterwards.

Once the four cakes are in the oven, we go to our bedrooms to take a shower. When I step out of the shower, I get dressed in my pajamas and step out of the bathroom, in my bedroom, to find Bucky there, sitting on my bed.

"- Sorry you had to wait for me.

- You need a new phone.

- Oh shit ! You're right, I totally forgot about that. My friends are gonna be sooo pissed."

I see his face full of guilt and realise it was probably not the right way to say it.

"- Hey, it's okay. They'll understand, you know ? Well, once they are done yelling at me and finally let me explain myself, but still, my point stands. Now, I wanna see you smile again. Can you give me that beautiful smile of yours ?"

Bucky laughs and his smile is back.

We go back to the kitchen where, after five minutes, I start getting impatient. So I do what I'm best at : complaining.

"- When is it finally gonna be over ? I wanna eat our delicious cakes. By the way, since WE cooked, we are allowed to have one each.

- It's a bit much, don't you think ?

- Nope, it's perfect. And I will protect my precious at any cost."

Bucky laughs, I love it when he does. His eyes start sparkling and his smile illuminates his face, his gorgeous face. He seems so relaxed and so peaceful, almost innocent. I want him to stay like this forever, I want him to be happy everyday. And I would do anything to be the reason of that happiness.

As I finish my contemplation, I realise that I've been staring at him with hearts in my eyes for the past minute and a half and he deffinitely saw that.

"- I love it when you're happy. And I love it even more when I'm the reason why you're happy.

- You're amazing, you're perfect.

- Only for you. Do you know how to dance ?

- A bit, wanna dance ?

- Yay !"

We go in the livingroom and I ask FRIDAY to play You Are The Reason. We dance and it's heaven. Everything is perfect. We're alone, and even if we were not it would be the same, we're dancing and all is fine : he's here, safe, with me and we're just in our own little bubble.

Right at the end of the song, the oven indicates that the cakes are ready, and so we direct ourselves to the kitchen, both of us still in our bubble of comfort.

And let me tell you this : the cakes are AWSOME.

"- We nailed it !

- It's soooo good. You're a great cook doll.

- You helped me a lot, so give yourself some credit.

- Okay, fine. I'm amazing.

- Yes you are. You're sure you don't wanna take a whole cake for yourself ?

- A 100% sure. And you won't take one for yourself either.

- And why is that ?

- Because if you do, I'm gonna pout. And you will be sick. And I will mock you.

- You're a tyran ! But you're also right, and there's no way in hell that I will make you pout, at least today. What time is it, by the way ?

- 5h35.

- How about we make our way up to the rooftop and we watch the sunrise ?

- Something tells me you're a hopeless romantic.

- And if you don't like it yet, you're gonna love it later.

- Go take a cardigan to put on, it's probably chilly outside.

- Sure."

I go to my room and grab the first cardigan that I find and go back to the livingroom wher my adorable soulmate is waiting for me.

"Shall we ?"

He offers me his arm and we take the elevator in comfortable silence. 

Once we arrive on the rooftop, my breath is taken away. The view is amazing, we can see the sleeping city all around us. The lights are on and a few cars can be seen.

"- Yep, a hopeless romantic.

- You don't think it's beatiful ?

- You're far more beatiful than that, doll... And here is that cute blush of yours again.

- I had hoped that you wouldn't point it out.

- Nope, and I'm not sorry at all. It's cute. Here, sit down with me."

I do as he says and the silence is back, and it is again, very comfortable. I'm sitting between his legs, with his arms around me, and we're both happy.

After a few more minutes, we can finally assist to the sunrise and it is, yet again, breathtaking. None of us say a thing, we don't need to.

Bucky turns my face towards him and kisses me. And wow.

Our lips move in perfect synch, like they have a mind on their own, like they've been programmed for this and know exactly what they have to do. The kiss is slow, and yet hold so much passion and love. It's perfect : a true love kiss.

We separate once we no longer have air in our lungs and we smile at each other. There's no need to say anything, everything is clear, evrything is fine, and peaceful... and perfect.

I slowly start drifting to sleep, in the loving arms of my soulmate.