1. Welcome to Seoul

Dear Lizzy,
Congratulations on accepting the position of Senior Marketing Director with Hybe! Please see attached documents with your travel details and training schedule. We look forward to working with you.
See you in Seoul!

Song JuWon
Chief Marketing Officer

I read through the attachments detailing my travel arrangements and three-week training schedule due to start in a week. The more I read the more excited I get.

I recently accepted a job offer from Hybe that I absolutely could not refuse. The position is fully remote and also offers me worldwide travel opportunities, especially to their headquarters in Seoul.

I'm young and I don't have anyone tying me down, so the thought of a job that lets me see the world was incredibly appealing.

Plus, who could possibly pass up a job with one of the biggest companies in South Korea which houses some of the greatest artists. There's no way I was going to turn this down.

Though training isn't for another five days, I leave tomorrow. The company was nice enough to give me time to work through my jetlag from the 14-hour flight before throwing me right into job training.

They've also set me up with a rental house rather than a hotel for my stay. I don't know if all of that is necessary, but I'm not complaining. They're even covering all of my expenses while I'm there.

I haven't started my first day yet and this company is already treating me better than any other company I've ever worked for. Not to mention the pay is amazing.

I do one last luggage check to make sure I don't forget anything. I'll be gone an entire month in total so I want to make sure I have everything I could possibly need.

They did provide me with a list of shops, restaurants, and resources near the home I'll be staying in, so maybe I won't need quite as much as I have stuffed in my bag, but I'm nervous they may not have exactly what I need, or I'll be too lost from the culture shock of being in a new country that I won't even be able to find my way. Better safe than sorry.

My flight leaves in the morning but I can barely get myself to fall asleep. I'm nervous, anxious, excited, all of the above.

I jump out of bed at the sound of my alarm, still tired from little sleep but maybe I can get some sleep on the flight. It is a long journey so I'll have plenty of time to get some rest.

Getting sleep on the plane proves to be just as difficult. I enjoy a wonderful in-flight breakfast feeling like I'm someone of status as I sit in first class. Hopefully, the filling meal can bring out some after eating drowsiness. It does not.

I pull out my Nintendo Switch that I brought along for entertainment and boot up Animal Crossing. Since sleep keeps eluding me I'll just play games.

Apparently, that's all I needed because before I know it I'm passed out with my Switch resting on my chest and my villagers probably wondering why I'm not moving.

The flight goes smoothly and between a few more short naps and another meal, I've finally arrived at Incheon Airport.

The company arranged transportation to take me to the place I'll call home for the next month. After collecting my luggage I find an older gentleman standing outside holding a sign with my name.