2. Friends

It's another Monday, the start of my second week at Hybe. I'll be jumping into the real work finally, and although I'm excited I'm also nervous.

Jae is a big help and soon my nervousness is pretty much gone. I've been left to work in my office alone but he pops in from time to time to check on me and make sure I don't have any questions.

He's also a great lunch buddy and seems to know all of the good places if we decide to go off campus for lunch.

We found ourselves working late on Wednesday to meet a few deadlines. Time is a funny thing, one second the office is bustling and lively, and the next second it's a ghost town and the sun has long set.

"Hey, since it's late do you want to grab some dinner nearby?" Jae asks rubbing his stomach. "I think we've done enough today, right?"

"Yeah," I agree. I'm starving and tired and I know I won't be cooking anything when I get home so I may as well grab something on the way or risk going to bed on an empty stomach. "Let's pack up and get out of here... it's kind of scary in here after dark."

Jae laughs "you mean you're afraid to be in this huge secure building with the ghosts at night?"

"Ghosts??"

"Well not anymore, I think we got them all when we had that exorcism." he gives me a cheeky smirk and I nudge him playfully for messing with me like this.

"Come on!" I say grabbing my things and heading towards the elevator.

Jae continues teasing me and making up ghost stories about the building. Of course, he's not scaring me at all, but the elevator doors open and to my surprise, Jungkook and Namjoon are both standing there. I jump back a little and Jae starts cracking up.

"Are you ok?" Namjoon asks "did we scare you?"

"No no, I'm fine. It's ok." I say stepping into the elevator trying to hide the embarrassment on my face.

"I was just telling her about the office ghosts," Jae says still cackling.

"What are you still doing here anyway?" Jungkook asks.

"We were finishing up some stuff, finally heading out now," I say still trying to slow my rushing heart.

"Oh?"

"Yeah," Jae chimes in. "We're just about to get some dinner and go home. What are you guys up to?"

"Just finished working out," Namjoon huffs taking a sip from his water bottle.

I notice the two of them are glistening from their sweat and their hair wet sticking to their foreheads. Jungkook especially has an after workout glow like he put everything and more into his fitness session. I'm trying not to stare, but damn it's hard. He catches me looking and winks at me. He's not making it easy for me to control myself.

We get to the ground floor and start heading our separate ways.

"Enjoy your dinner," Namjoon waves.

We wave back although Jungkook raises an eyebrow like he's suspicious of something. He gives a low wave and continues walking with Namjoon in the other direction.

Me and Jae settle on dinner at a sushi bar a few doors down. It's quick, easy, and close to the train station. We don't stay out too long since we'll be right back in the office tomorrow morning.

Once I get back home I almost instantly pass out. I knew I worked hard today, but I didn't realize how hard until I kicked my shoes off and sat on my bed. I don't know how, but I fell asleep before I even got myself positioned in bed properly.