17. Up in Flames

I'm going to need a lot of caffeine to get through work today. Last night had me up later than I realized, and every time I move there's a stinging reminder on my boobs and thigh of why. I can't focus because visions of last night keep replaying in my head.

The guys are shooting a few things on the next floor up and it's taking everything in me to not shut my door and send Jungkook a few more racy pictures. However, Jae steps into my office and removes all temptation.

"Hey," he says handing me a single daisy. "This is for you."

"What, why?" I asked confused by his sudden gesture.

"I talked to Jisoo. We met up Friday night and we talked about a lot. Everything I had been holding in for years, I finally had the courage to let it out." His face is beaming with optimism. "We said a lot, we cried a lot, and we realized we both still love each other. It's all because of you, so I just wanted to thank you. We have a long way to go, but I'm happy that we could talk and try to give this another chance."

"Wow, I'm really happy for you!" Jae has always had a positive attitude, but now it's like there's an extra bright glow around him.

"I feel like I owe you more, but this flower will have to do for now."

"It's plenty. I'm just happy you were able to talk to her and get your feelings out."

"If you give me a bit to get settled and check a few things, do you want to go upstairs and check out the guys shooting?"

"Sure, whenever you're ready."

Jae steps into his office and I turn back to my computer and work until he's ready to go. We're not always needed when the guys are shooting something, and we usually always have at least one staff member around that can take pics and video for social media if nothing else, but since we're in charge of it all anyway it's not out of place for us to pop up here and there. Plus, I'm never going to turn down the chance to see Kookie. He was gone before I woke up this morning and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. My time is short so I'll take any and all opportunities to see him before I go.

A bit later Jae and I make our way upstairs to check in on the guys. He tells me more about his weekend with Jisoo and how he feels like things are promising. I don't think it's necessary but he continues thanking me, I just don't think I did anything except ask him if he still loved her. Either way, I'm happy that he's happy.

We get to where the guys were recording and we see that they just finished. They have more to do, but they have a little break now before moving on to the next thing.

"Did you bring food?" Tae says bouncing over to give me a hug.

"Hello to you too," I laugh hugging him back. Hobi, Jin, Yoongi, and Joonie all follow behind Tae to say hi to Jae and I.

"How's the shoot?" Jae asks.

"Going good, just on a bit of a break right now," Yoongi says taking a sip of water. He looks like whatever they were doing took a lot out of him.

I look over to the other side of the room and see Jungkook and Jimin sitting down watching something on a phone. The look on their faces tells me they're monitoring a performance or practice of theirs. They look hyper focused on whatever it is so I won't bother them. However, standing right over them is MinLee. Aside from the guys and one of their managers, she's the only other person in the room and that irks my soul.

"Doesn't look like everyone is on break," I say looking over at her drooling on top of them.

"Can you try to be peaceful today?" Joonie asks laughing and nudging me.