6. Guardians

Sunday morning I wake up to the sun shining on my face. My body is wrapped up in Jungkook's arms as he continues snoring away.

Last night still feels like a dream to me. The pure emotions that were spilling out of him in a way I had never seen before. His frustrations of feeling helpless and his jealousy of Jae, the one person he doesn't seem to trust, being the one to come to my aid when I need it.

What I thought was more of a playground jealousy where two kids have a crush on the same person, turns out to be more. Kookie isn't jealous that Jae seems to like me, he's jealous that Jae isn't tied to rules and consequences the way he is. If Jae wanted to stand in front of the entire staff and kiss me no one would care. If anything they'd probably cheer and be happy for us. Jungkook can't even look at me too long without it turning into a PR shitstorm.

I tried to resist him. I tried to stop him. I was afraid of this, but he didn't seem to care no matter how much I tried to warn him. I was hoping he would stop pursuing me so it would be easier for me to let it go myself. But he didn't. He didn't care how many times I told him it would complicate things. He wanted me and I wanted him. Now here we are.

Fuck.

My phone buzzes on my nightstand pulling me out of my fogged mind. I try to reach for it but Jungkook tightens his grip around me pulling me closer to him.

"It can wait," he mumbles into my chest.

I run my fingers through his hair and kiss his forehead.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"It's not me so it can wait," he leaves a few soft kisses on my chest.

"Fair enough," I kiss his head again.

"Let me get you some breakfast," he says kissing my chest some more. "You're not doing anything today."

He slowly rolls out of the bed walking to the desk to grab the room service menu, giving me a view of his bare broad back. I can't help but think about wanting to put scratch marks all across it. Now's not the time for that though.

There's a knock at the door taking us both by surprise. Jungkook looks at me and I shrug, I have no idea who it could be, but the rest of the guys always pop in from time to time so I assume it may be one of them.

Kookie walks to the door and checks the peephole to see who it is. He swiftly turns back and grabs a hoodie coming over to put it on me and help me out of the bed.

"It's your friend," he says helping me to the door. "Get rid of him." He stuffs himself in the nearby closet in the same way I did the night I was in his room and Jin came by.

I open the door and Jae is standing there looking worried but relieved once he sees me.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok. You didn't answer my text or come to breakfast so I thought I'd stop by." He's sweet, I'll give him that.

"Sorry, I haven't really looked at my phone since I haven't been awake for long," I try to think of what I can say to send him on his way quickly. "I was just going to have room service for breakfast."

"Are you sure? There's still some food in the lounge I could bring you something back," he offers.

"I really appreciate it, but you don't need to go through the trouble. Enjoy the day off."

"Did you have any plans today?"

I'm not sure if Jae can hear anything, but I hear a low grumble coming from the closet. I can only imagine how red Jungkook's face probably is right now.