𝐓𝐖𝐎: DayCare Attendant

╔═══════════════╗
Two
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗Two╚═══════════════╝

»»————- Author ————-««

"Ahh!" You screamed and closed your eyes shut as you feel your feet levitate above the ground because you're being carried,

"Oh! Did I scare you? Are you afraid of heights, new friend?" He asked, gently letting you down on your feet as he let you in the DayCare which looked like a playground but much bigger and colorful.

"N-No... I just um... not-not um... not- fuck, I forgot what I was about to say." You palmed your face as you tried to calm the fast heartbeat in your chest.

"Well, for starters, we keep swearing to a minimum here!" The sun-like robot says in that jolly voice. He then notices that you don't look as young as the kids he usually spends the day with – speaking of kids, there are none seen in the daycare, at least not yet. "You look older than the kids I spend time with, what brings you here? No adults really liked going here."

"R-right, t-this is the daycare! I um, I'm sorry for that language first of all. And um... I'm Y/N, Y/N Hellebore, I'm the new DayCare Assistant."

"DayCare Assistant? I've never heard of that! That's an awesome job, I assume that you're here to work with me, correct?"

"Yeah..."

"Then I'm SunDrop, call me Sun!" He introduces and hurriedly lends down a hand for you to shake. You stare at him for a while, trying to get used to that smile and hesitantly accepted the hand shake.

His hand was huge compared to yours, and now that you've calmed down, you noticed the huge height difference between you and him, just him a little crouched but he was huge compared to you.

"So um... you're an animatronic, right?" 

"Yeah! The new model, well, I think I am. Why?"

"I-It's my first time seeing an animatronic or... a robot even. So... I guess I'm just kind of nervous and... a little scared."

"Aww, don't worry, Y/N, we will be good friends in no time! Here, let me tell you the rule of the daycare!"

"Go on..."

"I'd like to say that cleaning is a rule in this DayCare but it's better to just have one rule: keep the lights on!"

"What? Why? Are you um... scared of the dark?"

"Well... you can say that I guess? It's just, when the lights turn off, an alternative of me takes over this body, his name is Moon – well, MoonDrop, but call him Moon. And well... he's – we can say he's a little untameable, hm?"

"Oh..."

"And we never had any other DayCare Assistant before..." SunDrop says, his voice more serious than how he greeted you by the entrance which you replied with a nervous gulp.

"But I don't want you to worry, new friend! Just keep the lights on, and you'll be in safe hands!" His cheery voice came back, "So what  more do you do? Hm? What more do you do?" He asks quite eagerly in excitement as he starts waving his slim body from side to side.

"Well, I'm also the technician of this place apparently."

"Ooh! That sounds awesome! Tell me more!"

You proceed to tell SunDrop the things you heard you will do around the place starting now and you couldn't help but feel a little belonged since SunDrop didn't fail to lose interest at least for a moment. You know he has a permanent smile, it's so obvious, but somehow you can picture him grinning even more.

But now, you're curious about him, "Enough about me, I kinda want to know more about you." You smile, facing your body towards him. He looked taken aback or a little shocked, maybe flattered at least? It was his first time hearing that someone was interested to know him.

He may be a robot, but to you, he seems human so quick.

"M-Me?" He asks, pointing to himself and you nodded again. "W-Well, wow, I haven't been asked that before!" He laughs and looks down, almost seeming as if he's shy as he scratches the back of his neck, "not everyone here really likes me, I guess. They seem to be scared of me, even some of the children that go here are kind of scared of me, and the workers usually choose anything else in order to avoid facing me."

You frown at this fact and inch closer to him, "Why? You don't seem bad at all."

"It's probably my face or maybe... Moon - I don't know. According to one of the night guards, I look like a creep."

"Well... You did scare me at first but I wished they got to know you longer, you're actually a nice guy... even for a robot."

"Aww, thanks! Thanks, Y/N – well, don't mind me asking but would you mind if I called you my sunshine?" He asks, going back to his usually energetic and excited persona as if he has more than one persona or maybe more than two personas...

You shake your head and let out a chuckle, "No, I don't mind at all, Sun."

Suddenly you hear a riot out the doors and up the slide where the ball pit was at and as you listen closer, you can hear laughter and noises that sounded like young children. You smile to yourself and look back at SunDrop,

"I guess my job begins now, hm? You can teach me the basics of this place as we take care of the kids."

SunDrop started to seem to feel a little more warmer as he watches you approach the big doors to greet the children with your sweet smile. And again, even though his smile was permanent, he can only feel or imagine his smile getting wider from the sight of you.

 And again, even though his smile was permanent, he can only feel or imagine his smile getting wider from the sight of you