Chapter Twenty three; Unforgettable Childhood

The sun shines brightly and Beomgyu squirms on the bed before lazily opening his eyes, adjusting them to the sunlight. 

The first thing he did was touching the space next to him but he felt nothing, 

"Snowdrop?" He looked the other side and smiled when Ryujin was sitting on the bed, back leaned against the head board and was scrolling through her phone. 

"Good morning" She smiles before ruffling his hair. Beomgyu smiles widely, for a second he thought Ryujin had gone but he felt relieved, 

Cause in stories Beomgyu read, the latter leaves after a night like this. 

But Ryujin, happened to be dalla. 

Beomgyu scoots closer and muzzles his face on to Ryujin's waist, snuggling like he was some kind of a cat who was cold. 

"Get up will you? It's ten o'clock" Ryujin asks and Beomgyu tiredly nods. 

"Okey.. 🥺" He sat on the bed, hair all messy and overall, looked like a five year old. 

"Gosh... I'm going to make pancakes, come quick" Ryujin left the room and Beomgyu brushed his teeth, washed himself and made his way to the kitchen. 

"You made them??" Beomgyu asks as he sees the yummy looking pancakes on the table. 

"Yeah, eat em. Plus, we have to go back to Seoul again" Ryujin pouted as she poured two cups of coffees. 

"Hmm" Beomgyu sighed. 

Beomgyu then seemed to be troubled by something. He kept on playing with his food with a big pout on his lips. 

"Gyu? What's up?" Ryujin cupped his cheeks, looking into his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing... But I wanna tell you something Snowdrop" Beomgyu drops his utensils and said. 

"What? Tell me so?" Ryujin shrugged, waiting for him to speak. 

"You know how mafias get missions to do?" 

"Yeah?" 

"And the government has given Bighit a big mission to do, and the mission is to kill Jinghoon, your father. He's not a good person Ryu. He has victims and he is dangerous, everyone tried to take him down but couldn't. But We, finally accomplished to kill all his men and take his businesses down, and the last step is to kill him, and that's the only one that's left-"

"But I can not do it if you want me to-" 

"I really don't know how you're this dumb, Choi Beomgyu" Ryujin cuts him in. He scrunched his eyebrows and stared at Ryujin. 

"Didn't you ever fucking realize why I was Shin and why he was Goon Jinghoon?" Ryujin asks. 

(a/n; Ignore the surnames of Bangchan and Sana here please.) 

"Wait- HE ISN'T YOUR DAD?!" Beomgyu asks. Ryujin just stared at the latter with a 'How can you be so dumb?' look. 

"Well du uh. He and my father were friends... Wanna know what happened?" Ryujin asks and Beomgyu sits again, nodding aggressively. 

"They were friends. My father and Jinghoon. They went on a party one day and my dad got drunk, then faced an accident. Jinghoon kinda had a sumn to my mom back then. We were really small those days, Sana unnie probably was ten years old and I was five. The rumors said that Jinghoon didn't try to save my father when he died, And yeah, we were lonely for about six months and..." Ryujin pauses, 

"What's it?" Beomgyu places his hand on top of hers, smiling in a comforting way. 

"You asked about this scar yesterday, didn't you?" Ryujin pulls the hem of her t-shirt down, revealing a scar which was about five inches long.