6 months later

It's been a year now since I moved to Boston and it truly has become my home. Chris's party ended and I didn't go home with anyone, or anyones number. I wasn't in the head space to be dating. I was just figuring out this new life of mine. I had seen chris a couple of times, tara had invited me to a few bbqs and parties and he was always there. We would sit and talk and I felt like maybe we could be friends. Yes he was hot and yes we had an amazing night but dating just wasn't in my plan right now. He seemed to respect that and was happy to be friends.
It was nearly Christmas and I was struggling to get time off to see my family. April was flying back to England to be with her mum and they wanted me to join them but I was so busy at the law firm I just couldn't take the time off. They weren't very happy with me. Me and April had nt seen each other in a year and our friendship was taking a hit. We were both so busy we just didn't have the time.
So I would be alone this Christmas. Which just sucked. Tara and some of the other friends I had made were all spending Christmas with family but I didn't have anyone here.
I was sat in a coffee shop in the middle of town, it was snowing outside and so cold. I had just received a text from April telling me I was a bad friend and how I didn't care anymore.
I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks, of course I cared I just couldn't get the time off.
"Chloe?" I looked up and saw Evans stood there. I tried to wipe the tears away before he noticed.
"Hey what up?" He came over and knelt down next to me "nothing I'm fine"
"So you often cry in coffee shops alone when everything is fine"
This made me cry more. "I'm sorry. What's wrong?"
"I can't make it home for Christmas and April thinks I'm being a bad friend and that I don't care anymore"
"Oh Chloe I'm sorry. I'm sure she'll understand eventually"
"Maybe"
"So what are you doing for Christmas?"
"Spending it in a apartment alone"
"What?"
"I don't have anyone here chris"
"You have me. You'll come to Christmas with me and my family"
"No I can't do that"
"Why not?"
"I don't want to intrude"
"You won't be okay"
"Chris I can't"
"Yes you can no arguments.  Now come on, I'm taking you for a drink and something to eat"
He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I could feel the fire between us just from him holding my hands. He was such a great guy.
We made it to a nice restaurant and went in, we ordered and ate. Making small talk about lots of random things. We argued over the bill for what felt like forever when in the end I gave up and just stuck my card down without him noticing.
"Chloe. I said I would pay"
"This is the 21st century dear. Men don't always have to pay"
He laughed "dear? God you can be so English sometimes"
"Well I'm from England dumb ass"
"Dumb ass! Ouch!"
"Sorry" I smiled and he smiled back. I always felt at ease with him.
"Come on"
"Where we going?"
"My place"
"I don't think so chris"
"Not for that. Just to chill out, watch a movie have a drink. Come on"
"Fine"
He drove us to his house and we settled down in the living room. He picked out a few Disney movies, starting with the little mermaid. He started to sing along with the songs and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Why are you laughing?"
"I'm sorry. You sound so sweet. You could have been Ariel in a different life you know"
"Whatever" he threw a pillow at me and I just laughed more.
"Thank you chris"
"For what?"
"For cheering me up"
"Anytime. I know we don't know each other that well. Even thought we have see each other naked but if you need a friend I'm here okay"
I scooted along the sofa and hugged him.
"Thank you" he squeezed me back and I felt safe in his arms just like I had that night.
Somehow I ended up cuddled up to him while we watched more movies. I could feel myself getting really tired. Before I knew it, my eyes were closed and I was fast asleep on Chris's chest. It felt right. It felt like I belonged here.