6 months later

It's been 6 months since I moved in with chris, it's been amazing. We have really gotten into this kind of groove and it's been so much fun. We celebrated a year together not long ago and we had a romantic meal and just spent some amazing time together. He is going off today to film and I'm so sad I can't go with him. But I have to stay here and work.
He is packed and ready to leave, I'm sat at the kitchen counter and he walks over to me
"Hey baby"
"Hey"
He cups my cheeks "I know this sucks but I'll be back before you know it okay"
"I know I'm just going to miss you so much"
"I'm going to miss you too"
He kisses me passionately. "I'll try and call you as often as I can okay"
"Okay. Kiss me again"
He laughs and kisses me again, I can't help but let a tear roll down my cheeks. He pulls back and wipes it away and hugs me tight.
"I love you and I'll speak to you soon okay"
"Okay"
He grabs his bags and walks out the door.
I don't know what I'm going to do without him for these months. He is in Atlanta filming the next marvel film.
I have a lot of work to do, so I order lunch and sit at the counter with my laptop. I make a start on all my work.
Im looking through my emails when I see one from April. I open it.
"Hey Chloe,

Im so sorry for what happened. I don't have an excuse as why I did but please know I never wanted to hurt you or chris. You helped me through so much and I was so grateful to you.
I miss you and I know you'll probably never forgive me but I wanted to let you know mum is sick. She has cancer and I don't know how long she has. She wants to see you. If you could come and see her she would be so thankful.
I need my best friend right now.
I hope you come.

Love from April xx"

I can't help but cry, aprils mum is basically my mum she bought me up and now she is dying. I look at flights to England and see what I can do. I call work and explain and they are happy to give me some time off.
I pack up a bag and head off to the airport.
I call chris on the way
"Hey baby girl, just got on the plane"
"Chris I'm going to England"
"What? Why?"
"Aprils mum is sick, cancer and I don't know how long she has left. I have to be there for her"
"Oh course sweet heart. Let me know when you get there okay"
"I will. I love you"
"I love you too"
I hang up and get to the airport, after checking my bag I make my way to the gate. It's a long flight so I try to make sure I get my sleep on the plane so I can be fresh when I get there and focus on Trisha.
I text April and let her know I'm on the way and she texts back how thankful she is. I don't know if I can forgive April but I know she needs me right now and sometimes these things are just more important.

After a very long flight, I'm finally in England. I grab a taxi and go straight to Trishas house. I knock on the door and April answers she look at me and starts crying. I hold her tightly and we cry together. Everything from the past forgotten for now. We head on in and I see Trish on the sofa, she looks so weak. She turns to look at me
And she smiles. I go and sit next to her on the floor. I hold her hand and she pulls me in for a hug. It felt good to be in her arms again. I'd missed her so much.

"Hey my sweet girl"
"Hey mama"
"I've missed you"
"I've missed you too"
"Tell me all about this man that's stole your heart then"
I giggle, Trish always wanted to know about boyfriends. She was Like a mum to me but she was also my best friend and liked all the gossip. So I sat and told her everything about my life and how wonderful chris is. It felt nice to be home.