What did you say?

"I'll leave you two to it" April said walking out of the room.
" chris...."
"Your pregnant?"
"Yes"
"Omg how did this happen?" He starts pacing back and forth "did you forget your pill or something? Or did you want to get pregnant?"
"Excuse me! Are you serious right now? No chris I didn't do this on purpose and yes I took my pill but sometimes people get caught on the pill. And I didn't ever see you reaching for condom"
"I'm sorry but this is just.......it's too soon Chloe. We've only been together for a year. I'm contracted with marvel for ages yet and I travel and....."
"And what chris? Don't you think I know all of this. I've just started my career. I didn't want to have a baby yet"
"So what do we do? I'm not ready for this Chloe"
"Well ultimately it's my decision. It's my body"
"No it's my decision too"
"No, when there is an actual baby then your decision come into play but as of right now. The baby is inside of me so it's my choice. I think you should leave"
"I'm not going anywhere"
"Yes you are. I don't want you here chris. Leave"
He looks at me and sighs before walking to the door. As soon as he leaves I break down. How could he think I would do this on purpose? I love him. But right now I also hate him.

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks since me and chris had our fight. I'm 2 months pregnant and I still don't know what to do. I am so angry at chris for thinking I could ever try and trap him with a baby. It's like he doesn't know me at all.
Trish is a lot worse, she is sleeping pretty much all the time and they have been given her morphine everyday to stop the pain. The doctor has prepared us. She probably won't make it to the end of the week. April is trying to keep it together but I can see her breaking.
Everything is happening all at once and I don't know if I can handle this.
Chris has been texting and ringing but I haven't answered. He is still In England which is ridiculous when he has to go back and film.
I've decided to go see him today to tell him to go home. I don't need or want him here right now.

I knock on the hotel door and he opens it. He smiles but I can't smile back.
"Chloe? Oh thank god"
"Can I come in?"
"Yes of course"
I walk in and sit down on the sofa, he offers me a drink but I say no.
"Look chris I'm only here because I need to tell you to go home. Your needed for filming and you staying here is hurting your career"
"I don't care about that right now chlo, I care about you and me"
"I don't know if there is a you and me right now"
"Don't say that. I know I screwed up and I'm so sorry but please don't give up on us. I love you"
"That's what hurts the most chris, because I love you too but I can't think clearly right now. I have so much going on, including growing a human being and I can't deal with your dislikes of that right now. I need to focus on Trish, she doesn't have long and I need to make sure I'm spending my time with her. So go home."
"Are you breaking up with me?"
"I don't know. I don't know what I want right now."
I get up and walk to the door, I feel him grab my arm. He turns me around and cups my face "please Chloe don't do this"
"I'm sorry chris but I don't have a choice" tears roll down both of our cheeks.
"I love you"
"I love you too" I pull away and rest my hand on the door handle. Before I turn it and walk away from the man I love. I turn to face him one more time, I cup his face and pull his lips to mine. It's a soft but sad kiss. Both of us crying, both of us not knowing if this is the last kiss we will ever share.
I pull away and hug him one last time while whispering in his ear "I love you so much" and then I walk out the door. I leave him standing there. I walk towards the elevator and get in, that's when I break. I feel like I can't breathe. I love him so much and I want to go back up there and kiss him again and say forget everything I've just said but I can't. I need some time away from
Him and from us. I need to make a decision about our baby. My baby.
I never thought my life would get this complicated so soon. But I guess you just can't plan these things.