Chapter 17

Normal POV (AN: Only time this will happen)

Barry, like always, was the first to get up. He yawned and rubbed sleep out of his eyes, glancing around at the camp. For some reason, Skylar's stuff, her sleeping bag, back pack, and pokemon, were all gone. Probably just went for some early morning training, he thought, stretching.

"HEY GUYS! WAKE UP SO WE CAN START GOING TO SNOWPOINT!" Barry shouts in the ears of his friends. Dawn's head popped out her tent, and Lucas sat up in his sleeping bag.

"Ugh, can you let us sleep in for once, Barry?" Dawn asks. She re-enters her tent, probably to get ready for the day.

"Nope," he replies, "we have to get going so we can make it to Snowpoint. I've heard it's hard to get over Mt. Coronet."

"Where's Skylar, though. We can't leave without her or eating breakfast," Lucas yawns, eyeing the empty spot where Skylar had set up her sleeping bag. All of her stuff was gone too. His eyes land on a piece of paper stuck between some rocks and his face turns in to a questioning one.

"Probably just went out for some early morning training," Barry responds. Sighing, he lights the fire with a match since none of them have any fire types and Skylar was somewhere else and probably with Houndour, the only fire type.

Lucas places his hat on his head. He then walks over to the paper and pulls it out, brushing the dirt that had gotten on it. Dawn walks over, fully ready, and peers at the piece of paper. Barry goes over as soon as he relit the fire. Barry sees that it's a letter to everyone, and snatches it out of Lucas's hand.

"I'll read it," Barry announces. He begins to read the letter from Skylar, or so he assumes. Dawn and Lucas crowd around while he reads it.

Dear everyone,

Reading this you wonder "where has she gone?" or "Why did Skylar leave?" Well, I left for several reasons.

But first, I should truly introduce myself. My name is Skylar, dark type trainer, and part of Team Hope. And yes, you wonder now how someone like me could possibly be part of that horrible organization.

The truth is, Team Hope isn't as bad as they seem. Since Mark, the leader, died, I have nowhere else to go. I feel great grief, not only because Mark was my leader, but he was also my brother. The only family I had left, other than my pokemon. I'm going to Snowpoint, to complete the mission I was assigned. And then I'm going to run, run away from everyone. I have no clue where to though.

I've never had too many friends. I told Dawn about May, Brendan, and Wally, right? They all died when I was 7. Taken away and killed for speaking up. Part of the reason I joined Team Hope, not just because my brother was-is-the leader.

I want to thank all of you. My life was happier when you all came into it. I forgot the many dangers of my life. But what I did, I'd be surprised if you ever forgave me.

My brother always told me Team Hope was about doing what you believe in, speaking up for what you think was right. That's what I'm doing right now. Doing what I believe in, not letting humans destroy my dream.

I found this dream when I was 4, when my father was taken away from me. He was killed for not giving up his pokemon. He had all different types. I also found this dream when my father told me what happened to my mother. She was taken away, so people could study her, for her power. The power I also possess.

The power to speak to pokemon.

Dawn already knew.

When I said yes to travel with you, I wasn't planning on using any of you. I realized that you saw who I was on the inside, not on the outside. I'm really Skylar of Team Hope, you see.