He's Different (3)

Hey! I'm just putting my first official author's note on here aha. So, I got my idea for this story from a movie, and I really like this story so far. I know I'm not well known, but I'm happy over 2 reads so far? No kidding, I appreciate it.

irishfreckleface

Chapter 3

"He just wants to get in your pants, too bad he doesn't know they might already be preoccupied." Cora huffs, even though she's barely jogged for a minute. Cora's my, well judgemental, critizing friend? One of the few I have, and she's one of those people who doesn't like kids nor wants any. But, she's somewhat happy for me, which is actually really great.

"Well, if that's true, than how do pregnant women do it?" I ask, running on the treadmill. My heart was pumping extremely hard, but I was used to it.

"It's like a lolipop for the kid." She steps to the side, and turns of her treadmill gasping for air. Cora's pretty, and she always gets the guys.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." I state, continuing to jog.

"So when are you meeting the guy again?" Cora grabs a towel, pressing it to her face while she still pants.

"He's, kind of stopping by, the store." I try to say it with as much innocence I can manage which indefinitely does not work.

"Sophie. No. He'll wreck it. He'll come into your life, then leave. I've seen these types of guys!" She insists, as I get off the tread.

"You haven't seen him though, Cora. He's sweet!" My heart practically wells up. I'm not lying, either. He's just come at the wrong time of my life.

"Don't get attached!" She says, turning to get her water bottle. I chuckle to myself, grabbing my water bottle and my gym bag getting ready to leave.

-

Not surprisingly, Harry turns up with flowers in hand. A blush instantly creeps up on me, as I try my best to hide behind the cashier.

"I thought you would be here." He says, pushing back his beanie just a little.

"I thought beanies were for boys?" I contradict, grinning at him as he hands the flowers to me. They're bright purple tulips, and amazingly tulips that are purple, which purple also happens to be my favorite color.

"Yes, but I look good in them." He says back, leaning on the desk, which makes his biceps visible as they support him. I bite my tongue slightly, and press my palms together. He really is , gorgeous? If that even describes him.

"Okay, you got me. And these, these are beautiful." I say, gesturing to the flowers. He smiles, but his eyes travel to my auburn brown locks, then to my pale cheeks.

"Likewise, I mean you're beautiful." He chuckles after,  and I join in.

"So, do you get off soon? You still owe me a date after I paid for your dinner." He jokes, revealing his sparkling white teeth again.

"That's not fair! You practically forced the money." I joke back. I wait a few seconds, then reply back.

"10 minutes, but it'll take me 5 to get my stuff." I answer finally. He breathes in, his chest rising up once again revealing his muscles through his long sleeved muscle shirt. My breath hitches, probably because his adoring personality, amazing muscles, and kindness combined could make a girl collaspe. He catches my staring and smirks devilishly.

"My face is up here." He answers, and I laugh from nervousness seeing how that's what women tell men. I smile after, then go to lock up. I grab my brown cardigan, making sure I still have my keys and walk out the door with Harry. Handsome Harry, I correct myself.