(24)The Good Bye

Pre Author's Note

so, this is the last chapter of this story, and ill never be able to express me thank you's, to all of you. please read the author's note at the end, and ill love you forever<3

Sophie's P.O.V

"..and all your little things."

He finished, looking up to me with a hopeful smile. I clasped my hands together, looking at him with pure and content awe. How was it possible for such a perfect human being to exist, and for him to be mine?

"Harry, it's beautiful. I'll be rooting for you, in every concert." I smiled, leaning in and giving him a peck on the lips. "Beautiful.." I murmured again, slowly smiling again and moving strands of hair out of my eyes.

"Not ever, ever as beautiful as you. Its meant for you," He mumbled, tilting my head towards him. I laughed lightly, wrapping my arms around his neck and feeling the blush creep it's way across my pale cheeks.

"Really?" I asked, in disbelief.

Surely I could never, ever fit the criteria of his words that he sang. They were what every girl wanted to hear, but that didn't mean they were true.

"Really." He answered, repeating my own words.

Definitely, my cheeks were probably aflame at the moment, and I dug my head into the crook of his neck in a way to try and cover the blush. Today was our last day together, and it was seemingly a perfect way to say good bye. Not that I would ever want to say good bye.

But in a way, it wasn't a good bye. I didn't want it to be, and if you thought about it wasn't. We would still be together, we could make it work. Ideally, it was going to be difficult. But we were up to the challenge.

A sudden cry filled the air, and I sighed, humming a bit into his shoulders. Charlotte was the screamer, she had woken either Harry or me at least a few dozen times over the week, and Ryan was a good sleeper though he was wide awake and screaming happily during day hours. They both had the bluest of blue eyes, but of course they would be like that for a while until their eyes color changed.

We took them out once, just to go shopping and they were the spotlight of the baby aisle. Almost everyone stopped us, commenting on their adorable ways and their cute button noses. Harry was always the one to answer back, saying something polite or funny and bringing a laugh into the conversation. It was lovely, really. But it only made me more depressed he was going soon, soon as in two hours for a plane.

Harry stood up, tagging me along with as we went to their room. I was ever so grateful for Harry having an extra room in this comfortable flat, but he had mentioned something about moving when coming back from the tour. He was taking all of this so seriously, and was failing to make me notice if he was actually deceiving me.

"Charlotttteeee." Harry dragged her name out, and we entered their little room. Liam's toys he had bought them were all around the cribs, and their little hats were on one of the dressers I had bought. She was crying, her eyes watery as she let out yet another strangled cry. Harry moved forward automatically, dipping into her crib and picking her up calmly, as she was already making a usual sleepy Ryan wake up. He crooned her closely to his chest, rocking her back slowly as she started to calm down.

The image before me was mesmerizing - Harry had natural instincts as a father that worked so well for him. Ryan was moving his hands back and forth on the covers, so I moved to him and picked the little boy up into my arms, nestling him close to me and kissing his soft forehead.