6

Well it sure didn't look like a coincidence when Nathalie also woke up from the exact same nightmare shaking and crying.

"Sir!!" She screamed to which her boss was already awake since he could hear her whimper quite a while before she actually woke up so by the time the assistant opened her eyes her head was resting in Gabriel's lap whilst he laid back and played with her hair as an attempt to calm down the crying woman.
"Yes Nathalie? What happened?" The designer asked as he rubbed his tired eyes and shifted a bit up on the bed causing his assistant to move with him.
But even after he had asked his question Nathalie didn't dare to answer so she just stayed right where she was frozen like a statue.

Their position right now was a little too much for her to process.
I mean that the assistant's mind got absolutely flooded with ideas for different scenarios which could branch out from just this one single moment. Like Gabriel could without question grab her face and kiss her as if it was the end of the world and they only had a few more seconds of life to enjoy. Or maybe he could pull her up close next to him and then pin her down on the mattress just so that after he could stare down at the young woman as if she was his prey.
But considering the fact that Adrien was sleeping right next to them and their relationship was only assistant and boss Nathalie knew that none of her weird kinky situations would happen.

Oh well...she could hope at least...that one day it would happen and she'd potentially lay there just like she did now her head on his lap but in the future with no clothes holding them back.

But before she could once again go back to imagining things her boss yelled:
"Nathalie!" I asked something. Answer!"
"O-oh N-nothing h-happened s-sir."
"Nothing? Then why were you screaming and crying?"
"I-I w-was?"  She gulped embarrassed to which her boss just rolled his eyes and spat:
"Yes you were. Now tell me!"
"Well..." she began...and now she could've started with the truth.

"Well sir...you kissed me...then I kissed you back and-"

But the assistant ended up telling her boss something else, something a little more appropriate
"It was 'the thing' Adrien dreamed about! The glowing figure...and it also took me away saying I was just a sacrifice."

She lied to which Gabriel also sighed feeling just exactly as sad as Nathalie.
But that was not because of the same reason.
The young woman simply wanted to confess her feelings whilst her superior simply wished for something which could've eased his hurt feelings that only got worse as days passed by and Emilie fell into a deeper sleep.

"I'm sorry." He began "I'm sorry for your nightmare, it's my fault! I saw that thing when I wanted to bring back Emilie and now it seemed to have cursed the both of you."
"Oh." Was all Nathalie could reply with before she sat up on the bed far away from him and quickly wiped her tears away. "I hope we can get her back...because of well...Adrien...soon he'll start to remember things more clearly and I wouldn't want him to be traumatized!"
"I know! I know! It's difficult! I don't want to lose you but at the same time...I can't find another way! I've even thought of forcing myself to love someone just so that I could use them as a sacrifice and have you saved Nathalie, but nothing seems to work!"

She gasped.
Maybe after all her boss did have a bit of niceness left in that broken crushed soul of his.

"That's kind of you to say." She blushed whilst scooting a little closer to him but before she knew it her plan backfired and now Gabriel grabbed both of her shoulders. So she was basically pinned in one place.

It doesn't sound so bad, but this wasn't exactly the way she wanted to be pinned down!

"What if-...I must lose you?"
"I-...then you lose me...just do whatever makes Adrien the happiest!"
"But-...Nathalie...what if I'm not even doing this because of him anymore? I honestly don't think that he remembers who his real mother is...he probably just thinks it's you and me...two friends acting like parents."
"Oh yes...two friends." She mumbled under her breath but the designer heard and in response lifted her face up to look at him.
"What?"
"I-...nothing, I was just agreeing with you. We're two friends aren't we?"
"Right..."

That sounded a bit unsure.
It drove Nathalie crazy.
Why did he sigh like that?
Should she kiss him?
Yes!

"Sir? Is something wrong?"
"Oh no...I'm fine...I was just thinking."
"About?"

But he didn't answer, the man just looked up and gave Nathalie a very toxic stare which she didn't quite know how to take. Was this a threat or an invitation?
No one knew.
So she just shrugged in an unsure manner and gave her superior a puzzled expression to which he scoffed.

"I was just thinking about what I should do if Emilie doesn't come back." Gabriel whispered now letting go of his assistant and laying back on the pillows. "I mean I do have an insane amount of guilt eating me away day by day but...but maybe I can't fix that."
"Well you could-"
"I could Nathalie, but do you think it's worth it? If Adrien suddenly sees that there's a change he might not react well...and...what if it's just better to pretend that we are his parents. I mean you've sort of already done that right?"
"R-right...so you're asking me to act like a mother towards Adrien?...and like a wife towards you?"
"I-..."

To be continued-