16

After entering the mansion and almost immediately rushing upstairs Nathalie found the toddler still uncontrollably sobbing and throwing his toys everywhere.

"Mommy!! I want her!!"

He shouted unable to see the young assistant from his tears and so before the other secretary could get to the child Nathalie pushed her aside and quickly picked up Adrien.

"Shhh I'm here, I'm here."

She whispered but the kid still didn't stop, instead he only punched and kicked the dark haired woman which made her unintentionally drop the blond boy and fall to the ground herself, in pain.

"What the hell!" Gabriel spat seeing all of the chaos and his old assistant on the floor "Why didn't-"
"-I don't know sir. Adrien seems to have really gone insane."
"Yeah, he's been like this for more than 3 hours." Added the other woman with a shy whisper as she looked at the two adults, her boss helping up Nathalie who held onto him in such a way no work partner would call 'appropriate'.

"Wow" The old assistant sighed "he didn't get tired yet?"
"No, he's very energetic." Replied the new one to which her boss innocently laughed:
"It runs in the family..."
"It does?" Both women looked at him, their stares piercing Gabriel apart painfully which caused him to gulp before awkwardly laughing on: "yeah...uhm...his actual mother was also very...you know...energetic"
"That's right! His mother!" The young woman suddenly cheered up "Adrien wants his actual mother, not me a pretend mom but the actual one!"
"B-b-but Nathalie, he surely doesn't remember her-....plus why would he-" the designer couldn't even finish his sentence as the assistant grabbed his tie, pulled his head down onto the same level as hers, then she gave the other secretary a fierce look which immediately got her to leave, and when it was only the two of them plus the screaming child Nathalie whispered: "It must be something to do with the nightmares he's been having! Maybe since you were trying to bring back Emilie she was the main character in the nightmare and now as Adrien dreamed of her, he feels something towards her."
"So?"
"So you need to fix your son!"
"Fix my son?!?! But how-"
"-Get the book which tells you all about the miraculouses! It must be where you found the ladybug and chat noir miraculous, the guardian's house!"
"Right." He sighed suddenly sounding much more depressed and concerned of his own child. "Will you help me though?"
"Of course sir."
Nathalie smiled as she took his hand into her, gave it a tender squeeze, and then pulled him out of the room.

"We need to do this quickly! And whilst we're gone tell your new assistant to watch Adrien!"

...

After doing as told Gabriel followed the dark haired woman downstairs into the office, and when he entered she was already waiting for him, transformed.

"Come on hurry!" She said before running to the big painting of the blond woman but as her boss stood next to her in the elevator he confessed:
"Nathalie I thought about this and-...and I think I should take the peacock miraculous just so it won't hurt you anymore!"
"Don't be ridiculous sir! I'm fine."
"No, no Nathalie you won't be very soon. Please just allow me to-"

He was about to reach out and take the purple-ish brooch off of Mayura's dress but before he could do so the power cut out and everything went dark.

"Ah shit!" They both crushed not knowing where one another were so the adults just blindly maneuvered around the elevator until they eventually got tangled in each other's feet and fell down into a compressed position.

"I'm so sorry sir."
"No, I'm so sorry Nathalie, this night really can't get worse, especially for you."
"Oh please, it's not that bad."

The assistant giggled innocently to ease the tension but as her giggles quieted down everything got embarrassingly silent, so silent that the designer could even hear his employee's stomach growl.

"Have you not eaten?" He asked awkwardly not trying to make the woman next to or potentially beside him feel weird.
"Well-...no. But not because I want to starve myself, it was simply because I didn't want to take Gorilla's food. I already took over his living room by sleeping there and I didn't want to be more greedy."
"Doing basic things like eating isn't greedy Nathalie, but I understand your situation and I myself am very sorry for putting you through that, I didn't quite mean to-..."

Gabriel unfortunately again couldn't finish his sentence as the elevator now dropped and both adults collided with one another at least ten times, making the landing rather painful for both individuals.

"Fucking damn it" the designer cursed "are you alright Nath?"
"I'm fine." The assistant mumbled as she tried to push her superior off of her since the fall caused them to switch places and now Gabriel had been compressing her against the bottom of the elevator. "But I'd be better if you get off of me sir, no offense."
"Of course, pardon." He attempted to stand but then again just fell back against the young woman who by now almost began sobbing.
But she didn't, instead Nathalie just patiently waited until her boss managed to stabilize himself, then he pulled her up and gave the woman a helping hand.
"I'm so sorry, are you alright?"
"I'm fine sir."
"Nathalie I hate when you say that, I can can never tell if you're actually fine or in a lot of pain, so please be honest, where are you hurt?"
"I'm fine sir! Fine as in completely fine! Don't worry about me."

To be continued-