Chapter 30: Acceptances

Karl seemed tense to know what Kalem was about to say, "Nick.. they cremated him.." Karl clenched his hand while stopping his tears.

"O-oh.." Karl's eyes began to be glossy, Kalem noticed that, she hugged Karl thightly, "it's alright Karl, you can cry.."

While Dream didn't mean to eavesdrop, a tear came crossing his face as he heard what they were talking about. They.. cremated Nick..?

His friend got.. cremated..?

_______
Time skip
2 days after..

Dream stopped the car, he looked at the venue where everything was happening. Nick.

Karl looked at his fiddling hands, taked a deep sigh and went out of the car, his friends following him. Kalem smiled and he patted Karl's back for reassurance.

They went inside then greeted with Nick's mom, Puffy. Silently crying.

Kalem looked at her, she looked that she was about to cry. Kalem rushed to Nick's mom then cried. Karl, George and Nick looked at the jar, where Nick's ash was inside, it was hard to believe he was gone.

Karl started crying too, Dream hugged George by his side, Karl looked behind Kalem and saw Maya. Maya looked sad so he picked her up then wiped his tears. "Hey Maya, how are you?" Karl asked

"Sad, because kuya Nick is gone.." Maya looked at Karl and noticed him crying. "kuya Karl, don't cry please. It also makes me sad" She pouted and she cried.

"Shhh I'm sorry, kuya Karl wont cry now.." Maya calmed down as she drifted off to sleep. "Karl, dear. You should probably sit down, Maya's heavy you know" Puffy took Maya from me, as Karl nodded.

Drista handed something to Kalem, Kalem looked at Karl as she nodded to Drista, Drista walked away.

Kalem went back to her seat as she looked at the white fabric Drista handed her, what was that?

Dream stood up, dragging George with him, Karl was curious where they were going but he just sat there with Kalem. Kalem's phone went off as she answered it, "be right back.." She said leaving her purse in her seat. Karl was left there. Nothing to do, watching the jar in the table, Nick.

He didn't have to chance to talk to him one last time. The only memory of them three was the ring Karl gave them, the pictures Kalem took years ago, it was going too fast for him. They we're in a relationship for 4 and a half years now, why are days so fast now?

________

Karl went out for a bit, in the back of the venue. He looked at the pond infront of him, staring at his own reflection. How is he supposed to accept this? He was only an hour on board then the plane crashed? How was that possible this days?

"Karl? Dear why are you alone here?" Puffy asked, sitting beside him. Karl sighed and looked at the sky with stars on it. "I just.. wanted to be alone for a bit. It's overwhelming.."

"I understand dear... hey, this should be really important to you.." Puffy handed out a white fabric to Karl, he felt something inside. He unfolded it, and by his suprise. It was the ring. The ring Karl gave them years ago.

He silently cried, Puffy comforting him. The wind outside was thin, Puffy decided to leave Karl alone to have his alone time.

_______

"Hey Karl, you wanna sleep?" Kalem asked, she noticed Karl was sleepy. Karl nodded as Kalem took him to the guest room. Karl propped in the bed, Kalem waving at him and turning off the lights.

After a while Karl had a dream. A dream where Nick was there, sleeping beside him right now. Karl felt the warmth he had for a bit, then Nick said: "I'll wait for you Karl.. i promise I'll never leave you.." Karl felt himself crying now. He couldn't stop his tears, why is this so real?

"Where's Alex..?"

"He's somewhere safe.. don't worry love" Karl turned back facing Nick. He kissed him and cried. "Shh it's okay, I'm here.."

"But your gone.."

"Karl; i promise i will love you.. and care for you. Alright? I'll be by your side" Nick hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go. But as the time goes by, Karl woke up. He felt empty.

He noticed his pillow was wet, guess i cried again.

But he also never wanted to wake up that time. He still wanted Nick's warmth around him, hold him like it's not gonna end.

But he's already gone. Gone gone.

He left me.

He left us.

What was Karl supposed to do? He already lost Alex, Nick and his family. What an cruel earth he lives in. Karl wanted to convince himself it was alright, but his mind was just flooded by Nick and Alex. Those happy memories? Yeah. Those memories. Karl wanted to forget all of them just to make him better and moved on. He didn't want to cry all day and all night thinking about his problems. He wanted to not fit in, he was a different person. And his friends didn't know that.

He knew he depressed. I mean, losing someone you love is hard. But i meant not this hard.

"Karl? You good?" Dream knocked on the door and opened it, He noticed Karl was in a deep thought. Dream sighed and sat in his bed. "Get-" "get away Dream"

Karl cutted off Dream, he wanted to be alone again. "Karl you have to eat. Please"

"Leave me alone." Karl said bitterly. Dream understood but he has to take care of him while Alex is not here. "Do you think Nick would want this? ."

Karl looked at Dream after hearing Nick's name. "..n-no?" Karl said, confused and angry.

"Do you think Alex would let me shrug for not making you eat?"

"No.."

"Then eat, please Karl. This is the only way you don't starve here.."

"Let me starve." Karl looked away

"No." Karl sighed in defeat. "Fine." Karl stood up from bed as Dream sighed. Thank you Karl.

_____

"Morning" Kalem greeted, "Morning" Karl yawned and sat on the stool, banana pancakes. The pancakes that Nick used to cook for us.

"Hey Karl.. you good?"

"H-huh? Yeah I'm good.." Karl ate the pancake as Kalem went to conclusions.

KALEM POV

I tapped Dream's back as i dragged him in the living room. "Did you threaten Karl?" I whispered to Dream.

"What do you mean?"

"You know how stubborn Karl is on this situation.." Dream sighed. "It was the only way to make him eat. I have to stick in Alex and Nick's promise.."

"What promise? When?"

"I promised them whenever what happens.. I'll take care of Karl."

"Oh.. okay well that's a good explanation" i chuckled and went back to the dining room, leaving Dream in the living room.

DREAM POV

How is she okay?

_______

Heyyy everyone LOL I promised a chapter will drop sooner or later so here's chapter two! I wanted it to be longer but i have to do my modules again.

Thank you for the support!! AAAAA LOVE YOU ALL❤❤❤❤❤💛❤💖💖