Chapter 31: 6th Anniversary

1 year has passed. Yes. That's how the days were so fast. Karl's still living with George, Dream and Kalem on the same house.

You might ask, did Karl and Alex make up? No. Did they move on? ...no. They haven't seen eachother for years. Karl counted it still as his 'space' from where Nick died. August 24 2021. Overall it was kind of working--Karl did manage to live by himself without Nick and Alex beside him. Things changed alot here like Karl and his mother were okay now. They're bestfriends, or more like a family now. Louie and Jason adopted a twin named Seah and Deah.

Kalem, well in the other hand went back to the Philippines for her school yet again. Dream and George is engaged, suprisingly.

Yet but Karl was still alone, his index and ring finger has his and Nick's rings he have them years ago. But that was years ago. Karl's happy for what he had but something was missing again. His beloved ones - Alex and Nick.

Nick's gone, Karl just visit him at the graveyard twice a month, Alex is still there.. he can come back to him and talk to him though it's risky. One, he could get rejected and not talk to him - Or two, he could get Alex back again and live happily ever after.

Ha. What a fantastic fantasy Karl made up.

He never trusted himself that day, Dream told him Alex would come back.

But he didn't.

Cause it was already a lost cause.

Is Karl really a bad luck?

Or is it just the future surrounding him?

It was their 6th anniversary, yeah. October 28 2017. The day where they got together, but now it's October 28 2023. Karl sat infront of Nick's gravestone and examined the words written on it, Karl sighed and placed a new flower beside it. Purple and Blue flowers.

"How absurd I'm still desperate.." Karl croaked, staring at Nick's full name written. "Karl Armstrong.. that could be my name if this didn't happen.."

"Or Karl Maldonado will happen" Karl shook his head, a really familliar voice rang behind him. Alex. "Why are you here?" Karl asked furrowing his eyebrows. Alex smiled and sat beside him his hand on Karl's shoulder. "I wanted to visit my boyfriends, why?"

Karl huffed. "I thought you broke up with me" Alex looked at Karl, "i know. I don't like you anymore"

Karl eyes started to get glossy, "yeah? It's fine. I can live with my own."

"Do you still love me Karl?"

"I think so"

Karl stood up wiping his tears, Alex still sitting at the ground. "I may do still love you. And care for you."

"I do too."

I mean - years of being apart, how could you be so okay?

"I'm going now.."

"Wait!" Karl turned around facing Alex. He was at his knees. Is this really happening? Am i dreaming? "Karl Jacobs.. i have been planning on this quite awhile.." Alex took sonething out from his pocket. Karl blushed and let his tears out, Alex smiled as his tears came crossing on his cheeks.

"Karl Jacobs.. will you marry me?"

No..

This isn't happening.

Why would i marry someone i broke up with one year ago?

I mean it was just a year ago.