Preparations (Rewrite)

Cassidys Pov:

It was a bright and sunny day on June 16th, 1985. On this day a young girl named Cassidy would have her birthday. Cassidy was as excited as ever because today was the day she would turn 8 years old. The first thing Cassidy did when that alarm clock FINALLY went off was to get dressed in her favorite yellow dress and put on her pigtails. Cassidy then skipped into her parent's room yelling "Mommy and Daddy! It's time to get up, it's my birthday!" A tired groan then followed as two figures moved in the sheet covered bed. A 29-year-old man with black hair and a 28-year-old woman with messy hair got out of the bed. The man who was Cassidy's dad then says "It's your birthday? I forgot". By the way he said it is clear to tell that he is joking. Then Cassidy's mom says in an equally joking matter "Of course you forgot! You forgot the wedding ring when you proposed to me!". "So, honey, are you ready for the big day?" Cassidy's dad says. Cassidy answers this while jumping up and down "I sure am daddy!".

"Then how about we get you ready sweetie!" Cassidy's dad says as he picks up his daughter and carries her downstairs. He then sat Cassidy down in a chair as he and Cassidy's mother began to make breakfast. Once the breakfast was finished Cassidy's parents set up Cassidys plate and poured her a drink.

Cassidy ate breakfast as her parents talked over the big plans. "Are you sure you set the reservations?" Cassidy's mom said. "Of course, I am sure what kind of father would I be if I forgot to set the reservations for my own daughter's birthday party!". Cassidy finished wolfing down the rest of her breakfast and she shouts with a huge smile on her face "I'm done can we go now?!". Cassidy's dad laughs and says "Not yet sweetie. I'm afraid that you still have to wait 3 more hours." Cassidy then puts her arms up and shouts "THREE HOURS! How can I wait that long!" Cassidy's mom then laughs and says "I'm sure you can. Don't worry it won't be long."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Susie's Pov:

I woke up in the morning in tears. My dog Bear died yesterday. I was outside playing with bear when all of a suddenly bear bashed into the road. Then a purple car was speeding down the road and it ran over bear. The driver didn't even stop, they just kept on driving. I just sat there next to bear on my knees until daddy showed up and carried me off the road. He told me that bear was in a better place and that everything was going to be ok.

I still can't get over what happened, and I could barely sleep last night.

I walked down the stairs and I saw my parents and my sister in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Hi sweetie, are you doing, ok?" my mother asked in a sweetie and caring voice.

"No. I just miss him so much!" I say as I cry into my hands. My mom then comes over to me and she pats me on my back.

"I know sweetie, we all miss him. But everything is going to be ok"

I then sit down next to my sister. She cried when she first heard about bear, but she wasn't as affected as I was. She was close with bear, but I was way closer.

"So, sweetie, are you excited for Cassidys party today?" my dad says trying to get my mind off of bear. But it's not working. No matter how much I try to be happy I just can't stop thinking about that big tongue and that soft brown fur.

My sister looks at me with empathy and she says "I'm sorry that I can't join you at the party. I would come but I already promised my friend that I would come over to their house." My sisters had plans to play with friends today but once she remembered it was Cassidy's birthday today she couldn't cancel. But Cassidy barely knows my sister, so I didn't mind.