Memories

The place still stood the same way it did June 16th, 1985, but it has seen better days. Instead of being a bright green it was now faded into a lighter green and the paint chipped. I peered into the grime covered window and I could tell that the building was littered with trash. You think that if they let it stand that they would at least take care of it, but instead they have it rotting out here without it doing anything. I guess that Fazbear Entertainment didn't want to pay to have it torn down and decided that leaving it here would cost less.

But regardless of the state it is in now the building looks a lot creepier than I remember it to be from our childhood. All that childhood fun has eroded away, and it has been replaced by a place of horrors. The cute looking mascots on the sign have changed from feelings of joy to feeling as if they are staring into my soul. The site of the old arcade machines through the window no longer inspires the rush to play with them but to avoid them and hide.

I then feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn around and I see Gabrial standing there with a sympathetic look and an equally scared face.

"Cass, we are right behind you. Take your time and go in when you're ready."

I take a deep gulp and I just stare at the building. It feels as if the building is ready to swallow me up and to make me relive that day all over again. The building was so overwhelming that I felt as if I could faint just by staring at it.

"Thank you. I'm ready." I say with unsureness in my voice. I take a step forward and I feel like I can't even breathe. Then finally I mustered up the courage to take another step. Each step I take takes 10 seconds; the closer I get to the building the more I feel like passing out and my breathing gets harder and harder. My friends follow behind me, taking just as long to walk as I am.

Finally, I make it to the door handle, and I reach for it, but I stop. It feels as if my hand is frozen in place. Every fiber of my being is saying not to open this door. My body feels completed to turn around but then my mind freezes. Images of Fritz fill my head; all the playing we did as kids, all the times we hung out after school, all the times we had ice cream together.

No, I could not leave him. And with all my strength I willed my hand to reach for the door handle and I opened the door.

The sight that greeted me almost made me throw up. It was all still here. The Prize counter where we turned in are tickets as kids, the arcade games where we tried to get high scores, pirates cove where we listened to Foxy sing, and finally my eyes laid on the animatronics. They were still there.

Freddy still stood at the center where he held his microphone. Chica still stood on the left side of the stage holding her cupcake. And Bonnie still was on the right side with his guitar.

I then walked over to the pirate's cove curtain, and I pulled it aside. Sure, enough Foxy was still there. He looked more intimidating now, it looks as if he could leap forward any moment and stab us with his hook.

"Fritz would have loved to see him again." I say looking down at the ground. I could just feel the depressing feeling of knowing that even if Fritz was here, he still wouldn't be able to see him.

"Fritz our you here" Susie whispers as she walks around the dining room. If William is here, then he will definitely hear us. How are we supposed to find Fritz without being noticed by William at the same time!

"Fritz are you here! It's me Cass!" I whisper loudly but not too loudly that William could hear it if he was in another room.

I then take out my flashlight and I start shining it around the dining room. My light reflects on pirate's cove.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cass, look its Foxy!"