Don't Forget

Martin Garrix & Dean Lewis – Used to Love
Theme for Knock and Korn (after)

Korn walked through the small apartment one more time. Checking each room like he wished there was still something left behind. Some spectre of hope that this wasn't the end and something, anything, could save him from the yawing emptiness that lay ahead.

Walking through the door of this old and lonely
Place that used to feel like us
Remembering the only thing that made me
Feel like I was worth the love

Everything had been cleared out. The rooms looked bigger now that there was nothing left. Bigger, emptier, lonelier. The same way he felt on the inside was reflected in the world around him.

The things he would keep had already been hauled away. The moving company made the task seem far easier than it was. The boxes he'd packed Knock's things in, had been picked up when he wasn't there. He didn't know by whom. He didn't have the right to ask anymore.

All that was left were memories and regrets.

All that they had been or could have been.

The joys and fights and misgivings...and in the end, the betrayal.

We used to hold hands, now I dance alone
We had Springsteen playing so loud
We danced in the dark till it felt like home
With you, home was anywhere

After everything they had been through the only thing left was a vile, acrid feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had done this. None of the reasons or excuses absolved him of the blame. It didn't matter what he had felt or thought or wished. There was no way to excuse his actions. No reason good enough for what he had done.

But you will never be left behind
Give me a moment, I need just a little more time
If I could, I would have made things right

Korn walked through the house he had shared with Knock, shutting away the memories in empty closets and behind doors he would never walk through again.

We can't go back to the way that we used to love
Never apart you're still running through my blood
We can't go back to the way that we used to love

It was time for a new beginning but he had no idea how he was ever going to make it.

But I can't escape, you're still in my head
I'm running from, I'm running from the emptiness
We can't go back to the way that we used to love