Chapter Twenty

The hotel room phone rang, jarring Mew out of his thoughts. A quick check of the clock hanging over the television told him it was a quarter to eight.

"Hello?" He answered tentatively.

"I thought I'd find you in the bar but you're not ready yet," Korn said and Mew's heart skipped a beat.

"I thought you'd call me on the way so I could be there when you arrived," He answered flustered enough that he forgot what he was doing before Korn interrupted him.

"Sorry. Do you need more time to get ready?"

"Don't make me sound like a girl. I'll be there in a minute."

"I'll hold my breath."

Mew looked around in the hope that he hadn't forgotten anything. Finally sure he was good to go, he made his way to the elevator. He had to wipe his hands on his slacks a few times. This was Korn he was meeting, not some stranger. Nothing good could come from letting his nerves get the better of him.

Until he rounded the corner and caught sight of Korn.
He didn't just look good...he looked good enough to eat.

He had to shake his head to dislodge the thought. It wouldn't budge. Not when Korn dressed the way he was. The all-black ensemble looked especially good on him. Emphasising his flawless skin and the contrast between his dark tan and his darker clothes—liquorice and caramel.

He wasn't wearing a jacket or tie but that only emphasised the line from his jaw down to the first unopened button of his shirt. The way it stretched across his chest tempting Mew to run his hand over the smooth fabric and the well-defined muscles underneath. His pants curved around his ass. The cut doing nothing to hide his other assets.

"Korn..." Mew called when he was close enough to get his attention.

"Hey. You look...good." Korn cleared his throat on the last word like it was harder to say.

It was something else to get that response from him. He wanted nothing more than to be certain that it was because Korn wasn't immune to his charms.

"I made plans. But all I want to do is take you back to my room so we can get you out of those clothes." He whispered close to Korn's ear surprised when Korn gasped and took a step back like he'd been burnt.

"You promised!" He admonished.

"That was before I saw you."

"Mew..."

Korn moved closer, his body contradicting his words. He was leaning in close enough that they were practically touching. Both of them knew it was a bad idea but neither of them seemed able to stop.

"Were you able to get what you needed, Sir?" The concierge asked interrupting the tableau.

It was hard for Mew to shift his focus so he didn't initially understand. Even longer to make a coherent response. "Uhm...yes. Yes, thank you."

He turned to Korn and he too was out of the haze.

"We should go," Mew said.

"Right."

The restaurant was packed. Normal for a Friday night. But they were directed to the table Mew had reserved for them.

"You did this?"

"Yeah...do you like it?"

"I didn't think you'd go through all this trouble," Korn said looking around the restaurant like he'd never been there before.

Mew had been afraid he would inadvertently take Korn somewhere he already hated or was so familiar with he didn't think it was worth it. It seems he'd gotten lucky and they could both enjoy a new experience together.