Chapter 3

Atid and Aroon said goodbye to their friends and started walking towards the bus stop. It was a beautiful night with a light breeze flowing.

Atid POV:

It's been a long time since I felt so calm and content. As I was lost in my thoughts, I was stopped by a slight pull on my arm. I turned around and saw a blushing Aroon staring at me.

Atid: Hey, what happened? Why did you stop walking?

Aroon does not say anything and just looks down and points at something. I look in the direction of his hand and is surprised to see that I was holding his hand. I quickly let go of his hand and stepped away from him. I saw hurt flash in those eyes. I felt hurt seeing that pain.

Atid: I am sorry. I... I don't know how that happened.

Aroon: It's okay.

Atid: Let's wait here for the bus.

Aroon does not say anything and just nods his head.

Atid and Aroon sat in the bus stop waiting for their bus.

Atid: Aroon...

Aroon: Hmm

Atid: Are you okay?

Aroon looks at him surprised by his question.

Aroon: Why do you ask?

Atid: You seem to be distracted. Earlier today you were smiling so much but now you are frowning. Is there something bothering you?

Aroon shakes his head in no.

Atid: Then, why don't you smile often. You have such a beautiful smile.

Aroon: I...I

Atid: I am sorry if I said too much.

Aroon: Nooo..

Both remain silent for a second.

Aroon: It's just that I am not used to people praising me. I... My parents have always been so outgoing and funny. People find me boring and closed compared to them. I tried but I..I can never meet their expectations.

Atid: Aroon, stop pushing yourself so hard. You are lovable as you are right now. You don't have to change yourself.

Aroon looks at Atid in gratitude as he says those kind words.

Aroon: Thank you

Atid: Friends?

Aroon: eh...

Atid: Let's be friends from now on. If you feel low or need company. Just contact me. Okay?

Aroon nods his head in yes.

Atid: Give me your phone?

Aroon: Why?
.
Atid: Let me add my Line Id so that we can contact each other.

Aroon nods his head and gives his phone to Atid. Atid adds his line id and returns the phone back to Aroon.

Atid: Your house is close to Niran's right?

Aroon: Hmm

Atid: So it's the same route as mine. Let's take this bus.

Aroon: Okay

They both hop onto the bus and take a seat. The entire journey was filled with a comfortable silence as they both sat next to each other lost in their world. Suddenly Aroon felt a weight on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Atid sleeping with his mouth open. A smile appears on his face as Atid looks so innocent like a child. Aroon let him sleep peacefully while he sat staring out of the window.

Atid heard someone calling him and shaking him hard.

"Atid.....Atid...Wake up.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Aroon looking at me with a smile.

Aroon: Atid, wake up. We have to get down at the next stop.

Atid quickly gets up apologizing to Aroon for sleeping so deeply. They then get down at the next stop and starts walking.

Suddenly they heard someone calling Atid's name.

Atiiìid.....Atid

Atid facepalm as he see a  girl running towards him calling his name. She stood before him smiling seductively. She is Pam, his classmate and neighbor.

Pam: Atid..I have been calling you for such a long time. Why didn't you answer?

Atid,: Pam please. I am so tired today. I don't have time for this conversation.

Pam: But Atid, I just wanted to hear your voice, talk to you.

Atid: Why,?

Pam: Because I love you.

Aroon is surprised to hear a girl confess to Atid .

Atid: But I don't. How many times should I tell you that I don't love you.

Pam: But why?

Atid: Because I don't believe in love. Love only brings you expectations and pain. I don't want to fall in this trap called love.

Pam: Atid

Atid: I am sorry Pam but I need to go.

Atid once again holds Aroon's hand and pulls him away from there. As they walk forward, Aroon can feel Atid's frustration. He pulls Atid's hand to stop him.

Atid looks at Aroon with a frown. Before he could ask anything, he was pulled into a bear hug by Aroon. Atid was surprised by Aroon's action. He felt Aroon's hands rubbing his back softly as he relaxed into his arms.

Aroon: It's okay. Just breath.

Atid: I...

Aroon: You don't have to tell me anything until you are ready. Just stay calm and breath. I am here for you.

A small smile appear on Atid's face as he heard those words.

Atid slowly removes himself from Aroon's arms and look at him with a smile.

Atid: Thank you

Aroon smiles back and nods his head.

Atid once again holds Aroon's hands and walk in complete silence as the wind around them changed direction just like their relationship.