Chapter 19

Atid thought of skipping classes that day but Aroon disagreed to that as they are close to getting graduated and they had some pending works to complete. Atid reluctantly agreed to Aroon. They leave for college after having their breakfast.

As Atid and Aroon reaches college, they could feel strange aura around them. They felt like everyone are watching them. Aroon felt uneasy because of the prying eyes. Atid senses his discomfort and quickly hold his hand.

Atid: You okay

Aroon: Hmm

Atid: Okay. Let's go.

Atid left Aroon outside their class promising to pick him after class. As Aroon enters the class he could feel every eyes looking at him. He quickly made way to his seat with his head hanging low. He looks beside him and see Niran looking at him with concern.

Aroon: Niran, why are they staring at me?

Niran: It's nothing. They are just goofing around.

Aroon: No. You are hiding something,
I can feel it.

Niran: Please listen to me calmly Aroon and do not panic.

Aroon: Just tell me what is wrong.

Niran: Actually someone posted Atid and your kissing photo on FB and now the pic has gone viral. Everyone are talking about it.

Aroon is shocked to hear about the pic. He quickly takes out his phone and checks FB. He is stunned to see the pic and comments posted below.

@xyz : OMG! Is this for real? Atid and Aroon are together

@123: Wow! They look cute together.

@ABC: Are they a couple? I thought they were friends

Anonymous: Guys, did you know Atid is one of youngest CEO and Founder of an IT company. He is loaded. Aroon is a gold digger.

@123: I don't think so. Aroon comes from a rich family. Why would he need Atid's money.

@anonymous: He is rich but now his parents have disowned him.

@abc: Hmm. You must be right then @anonymous. He may have seduced Atid for money. Shame on you @Aroon.

@cute123: Bitch, leave Atid alone. He is mine.

@anonymous: You need to be ashamed of yourself Aroon. Why don't you do something decent instead of using your body to seduce rich guys. Shame on you, you gold digger.

@ABC: Shame on you.

Aroon could no longer read the comments. His eyesight was blurred by his tears and his heart broke into pieces. He felt dirty and ashamed of himself. He could no longer sit there and face everyone around him. He picked his bag and starts to run out of the college. Niran kept calling his name but he did not turn around or listen to his words. As he runs out of the class, someone catches his hand. Aroon looks up with tears in his eyes and he is shocked to see the person standing before him.

Atid's POV:

Atid felt something is wrong when he entered the campus but he tried to keep a positive face so that Aroon doesn't get frightened. He left Aroon in his class and then walked towards his building. As he walked through the corridor, he could hear whispers. They were talking about him, Aroon and some photo. He quickly checked FB and was shocked to see the post and comments.

Atid: SHIT

Atid ran as fast as he could to Aroon's class. As he reached there he saw Aroon running out of the class in tears. He quickly held his arm to stop him.

Aroon: Atid

Atid: Where are you going Aroon?

Aroon: Please let me go Atid.

Atid: No. Please tell me what's wrong Aroon. Is it the photo?

Aroon looks at him with an unreadable expression.

Aroon: Atid, please leave my hand.

Atid: No

Aroon: LEAVE MY HAND DAMMIT.

Atid let go of Aroon's hand in shock as he shouts at him.

Aroon just runs away from there without looking behind.

Aroon's POV:

Aroon enters their house and ran into his room. He closed the door and slumped against the door. He could no longer hold his tears. He let out a heart wrenching wail unable to control his sorrow.

Aroon: I am sorry Atid...I am so sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you. I.. I just couldn't tolerate people's judgment. I am so sorry. Atid lay there on the ground for a long time. He don't remember when he cried to sleep and when he woke up, it was already dark outside. He thought for some time and then came to a decision. He quickly got up and got his suitcase. He just packed all his clothes and other necessary things. He then came out of his room and made way to the main door. He left his key on the table and looked at the house one last time. He was about to open the door when the door opened from outside. He was shocked to see a drunk Atid standing outside.

Atid looks at Aroon and the suitcase in his hand. Suddenly he laughs out loudly.

Atid: So this is how it is going to be. You leaving me without even informing me. Well, why am I not surprised? It's always been like this. My mother left me without a warning. Now you are leaving. I guess something is wrong with me. Everytime I get close to someone they leave me. This is why I wanted to stay away from you. But you made me believe you are different. But no. You are all the same. You are all heartless people who tear people's heart apart. But this time I won't let anyone leave me. Because this time I will be the one to leave.

Aroon: Atid..

Atid shows his hand asking him to stop talking.

Atid: You don't have to stay with me. You can keep this house because it's already in your name. You stay here till your graduation. After that you can sell it or rent it out. You can do whatever you want. I will move to my dad's house tonight.

Atid goes to his room and packs his things. As he looks around the room, he comes across a photo frame containing his and Aroon's pic. They looked so happy in it. How fast the night changed. He keeps the photo in his bag and closes the bag. As he walks out of the room , he saw Aroon sitting on ground looking down. He just walks past him unable to bear the pain in his heart.

As he is about to exit the apartment, he looks back at Aroon once.

Atid: Divotce papers will reach you before graduation. Thank you for all the beautiful memories you gave me. Goodbye and goodluck.

Atid exits the house and closes the door behind him.