One Step At A Time

"Sooo~ whose first?" Questioned kowarenai "i believe that you should go first" zhihui replied thoughtfully.

"Huh!?" She yelled "but why me!?" She continued with confusion.

"Because you used to carry him and do your little 'stunts' with him which makes him happy... while also getting grounded from our mother doing it" zhihui reasoned.

"Oh... uh... alright i guess i should go and talk to him" she replied with a nervous look on her face.

Her sisters nodded at her which she gulped before walking back towards the spot where mao mao is meditating.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

After returning to where she accidently tackled her brother she sees him meditating and slowly walk towards him.

She was about to grab his shoulder but froze "i... i can't do it... i mean i can take on monsters, dragons and anything really dangerous but trying to say something to my lil bro is too hard for me" she thought to herself.

She turn around and started walking away "i know your there" mao mao spoke with his eyes closed to which she froze.

She turn back around and started scratching her back "wow lil bro you can hear my footsteps" she nervously replied and chuckled awkwardly.

"What do you want kowarenai" he questioned her while still meditating.

"Well you see... if you don't mind..." she struggled "the things is um" she paused while fiddling with her fingers.

"Out with it" he finally open his eyes and stare at her with annoyance making her recoil with her ears laying flat on her head.

"I just... want to spend time with my lil bro yeah you know we could talk about stuff and other stuff?" she replied nervously.

He remain silent still staring at her making her feel uncomfortable and she kept looking away just to avoid meeting his gaze.

He sighed and with a hint of hesitation he patted the ground beside him which with her ears raised, she quickly sat down the place where he patted.

She tries to not look away from his gaze which seems to make him soften his glare but a smidge.

She didn't see the changes but can feel that he isn't angry as he was awhile ago which made her relax abit.

They remain quiet for awhile just listening to the grass being blown by the wind.

"What do you want to talk about?" He  finally broke the silence with a question the sudden sound made her flinch but quickly recovered.

"So uh how was it?" She replied but the question made him raise his eyebrow "uh being the sheriff and keeping all those citizens safe" she quickly finshed.

With a look of surprise on his face "how did you know about that?" He questioned.

"Dad talked about you when he called us a month ago" she replied.

"I... see" he spoke slowly and looks away from her deep in his thoughts, he turn back to her "well sometimes the citizens do stuff that is both dumb and ridiculous... but i do get to fight against monsters on a regular basis" he replied back.

This got her attention "really? How many? How strong? How big" she shoots out question after question and mao mao in turn replied.

Up above ziyou could see that they were having a great time which made her smile softly and flies back into their home.