Magic And Books

Zhihui was reading a old book about ancient magic or atleast what was left of it.

She sighed with her eyes closed knowing that it will be impossible to find this types of books.

She was fascinated with ancient magic due to its origins and it is where magic was first discovered.

She look out of the window to lightly widen her eyes seeing that it is now in the afternoon.

Than she hears the sound of rumbling coming from her which she blush lightly before getting up and with her eyes closed she teleported straight into the kitchen.

She open her eyes to only see kowarenai with her face flat on the table and the sound of grumbling coming from her.

Kowarenai slowly look up at her with her face pouting followed by watery eyes before face planting back into the table.

She blinked before letting out a sigh "waiting for minori... kowarenai?" She asked to which she lifted her head staring at her before merely nodding before face planting again.

Zhihui facepawed before giving her the lecture face "you know you need to eventually learn how to cook your own food minori" she spoke.

Kowarenai merely mumbles with her head still on the table face down zhihui eye twitch before closing her eyes sighing.

She hears the sound of the back door opening while seeing kowarenai's ear twitch and she suddenly dashes across the table.

And tackled into minori who was caught off guard and couldn't do much but hold her youngest sister before looking at zhihui with a knowing look.

"Food?" Minori asked "food" zhihui replied "food!" Kowarenai yelled with her watery eyes at minori.

She sighed before smiling and after getting of the ground she walk into the kitchen.

"One of this days when minori is not here she needs to learn how to cook for herself" zhihui thought to herself.

She than sees her brother mao mao entering and than realises that is her turn judging from the way minori is looking at her.

So when she started to open her mouth to speak to her brother she froze with her face nervous and started to sweat.

She just realise that even when he was a kid she has not once interact with him and she was so focus on fixing their sibling bond only forget about herself.

Widening her eyes meaning that they have nothing to talk about which also means that she doesn't know how to start a conversation.

To make matters worse is that she has not once started any conversation at all instead she spends almost all of her time in the library studying magic.

On the outside they see her staring at nothing with a nervous look but while on the inside is that she is panicking.

Without a word she teleported back into the library and started to look for books that can possibly help her in starting a conversation with her brother.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

Mao mao just saw zhihui teleported and than look towards kowarenai only for her to shrug at him before waiting for minori to make lunch.

He just came to the conclusion that this is normal for them so he let it go and headed to the dining table to eat.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

Zhihui let out a defeated sigh with her head on the table in the library with several books beside her piled up.

She searched but none contain anything about starting a conversation well that is to be expected since the only books in here is about history magic and training.

"Are you alright zhihui?" She hears someone speaking to her which she look up and saw something that caught her off guard "brunhilde?".

Brunhilde was currently carrying a few books with her and has a look of concern on her face.

"Why are you in the library... i thought you dislike reading" she questioned brunhilde.

Which made her raise her eyebrow "i'm not a kid anymore zhihui... and i do read... well mostly fighting books" brunhilde replied back.

"But i never seen you in the library" she continued with suspicion followed by a raised eyebrow similar to brunhilde.

"W... well i... i just so happen to go to the library when your not there" brunhilde replied with a nervous smile.

She merely gave her the look of doubt "uh huh?..." she simply remain suspicious which by now brunhilde is sweating with her eyes glancing to the side.

There was a short silence before the sound of knocking which made both of them turn to the door.

Before the door slowly open and mao mao's peek inside "oh you are here... huh i guess minori was right that you enjoy reading" he turn towards brunhilde with a look of shock.

"Oh brunhilde... i'm surprise to see you since knowing you that your the more into training than reading" he continued.

"Ahem" brunhilde coughed awkwardly "well a few years ago i found books interesting" brunhilde replied back with a sheepish smile.

He merely raise his eyebrow which made brunhilde excuse herself and headed to the dining room to eat.

As brunhilde is about to leave she look back "oh and mao mao... zhihui has something to tell you" brunhilde spoke with a grin.

The moment brunhilde finished talking she froze and silently glare at brunhilde who only widen her grin before closing the door.

As mao mao look back she quickly gave her neutral look while looking back at him.

They both just stare at each other "so what is it that you want to say to me?" He asked "oh... nothing that was just brunhilde being mischievous" she replied.

"Ah... i see" he replied and they remain quiet after that as zhihui is trying to come up with something to say mao mao sighed which she than look at him.

"Anyway i just came in here to say that lunch is ready... so i will be in my room" he spoke and started to leave the room.

Panicking "wait" she yelled quickly and he glance back at her with a look of surprise since zhihui never yells.

She calm down and try so start somewhere but couldn't find anything so she slumped on to the chair which got his attention.

He has never seen zhihui so defeated so he walk back towards her and sat on a chair near her "are you alright?" He ask with worry.

"No... is just" she stopped before continuing "look mao mao" she sat up straight and look at him "i'm sorry but i don't know what you do" she finished.

He gave a confused look "what do you mean?" He questioned and she slowly look out the window "i mean is that i don't know what you like... what you hate... and what interest you..." she move her paws around.

Before slumping to her sides and she avoids looking at him "i'm sorry for being a terrible sister and wasting your time" she finished with tears trickling on her cheeks.

She felt a paw on her head before slowly looking back at him only to see him giving a soft smile.

"I know" he spoke before spreading his arms which she quickly entered his hug and they remain like this for awhile.

They enjoy this peaceful embrace before the sound of rumbling shatter the peace.

They seperated and stare at each other before bursting into tears as they both laugh.

After their outburst they headed opposite directions "oh zhihui" he spoke which made her turn to look at him confused.

"You wouldn't mind teaching me magic would you?" He asked to which she only smiled with her eyes closed "sure thing brother" she happily replied back.