I Saw Yellow

Zhihui and minori were heading to the kitchen to eat dinner while minori is busy setting up the ingredients for dinner.

Zhihui had teleported to grab a book to distract both her hunger and sleep.

Some time later they hear some one zoomed past them before a loud slam could be heard.

The person in questioned is ziyou because of her golden scarf glowing and leaving behind a yellow path while flying.

They both look at each other before shrugging and resume their seperate activities.

Later the main door opened revealing mao mao, brunhilde and kowarenai all looking like the dead judging by how tired they all are.

Zhihui quickly sense magic coming from the dark katana while minori senses a dark spirit within that blade.

They all simply nodded to each other too tired to greet before joining the table while kowarenai assisted minori.

While brunhilde rest her head on the table and zhihui kept glancing at mao mao more specifically at the dark katana.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

Mao mao lays his head down on the table to take a short nap but couldn't because he feels like someone is watching him.

He quickly raises his head and sees zhihui glancing at him before looking away.

Mao mao shrugged and grips the dark katana into his lap lost in thought while staring at it.

He tried to remember what happened at the carnival yet his memories feels different.

He remembered entering the mirror house and fought a possessed brunhilde welding this very katana.

Yet he felt only an uncomfortable aura from it but that is all it gives out.

He was interrupted by a plate placed in front of him and he glance up seeing minori looking at him.

But she then glance at the katana with a worried look in her eyes but quickly walks away.

Since everyone is very tired they all ate quickly before heading back to their rooms.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

Next morning zhihui slowly yawns stretching her limbs before grabbing her green robe before leaving her room.

She visited the library to check on the mirror but she stopped while clutching her head.

Is like something happened over there yet her memories are fuzzy making it difficult to remember.

This of course concerned her so with that she carried on levitating towards the library.

...

She tossed a book while she reads another one trying to find something related with memory restoration.

Some time has passed with zhihui head laid on top of the table while beside her is a pile of books.

With a grumble followed by a deep sigh she slowly raise her head which looks very annoyed.

She could have sworn that there was a book about memory recovery yet she could bot seem to find it.

While above her is ling who has the said book that zhihui is looking for she than teleports the book into her own realm.

With that out of the way ling left her to her own while zhihui was considering trying a spell with a high risk to her mind.

Than there was a knock making her look at the door "come in" she said to which the door opened with mao mao's head poking.

"Oh mao mao" she spoke surprised to see him while he enters the room and was carrying a tray with food on it.

"So do you usually head to the library before eating breakfast?" He asked thinking this is a normal thing to zhihui.

"What?... no mao mao" she shakes her head "is just that i can't seem to remember what happened yesterday" she continued while placing her paw on her head.

"Is it something that should concern all of us?" He asked with a look of concern to which she raised her paw in front of him.

"No... no its not that serious... i think" she finished unsure of herself while mao mao placed the tray infront of her.

"If you say so zhihui... here is your breakfast" mao mao said while zhihui looks at it before her stomach grumbled.

She blushed while mao mao let out a soft smile before heading towards the door.

"Mao mao wait" she said raising her paw out to him making him stop before looking back at her with a confused look.

She lowered her paw "i do remember that i was going to teach you magic" she said sadly.

"No its fine... besides you said to me that is not possible for me to learn magic" he said looking away.

"No mao mao that was back when we were training with dad" she said now with sad look.

Mao mao shrugged "its fine.... besides i only need to train my swordsmanship" they stare for a short while before distracting themselves.

The awkward silence was broken by zhihui "it wouldn't hurt to learn just one spell for now?" She said hoping he would accept.

Silence again but as she was about to apologise "sure zhihui" he said making zhihui secretly glad.

"When will we start?" He questioned her to which she quickly think of a spell that is easy to learn as well as useful "after lunch" she replied.

He simply nodded before waving his paw before heading out while zhihui looks at her cup of tea.

She grabbed the cup before taking a sip but as she is half way done before taking one last look at hee brother.

It was only a few seconds but as mao mao went pass the mirror the reflection shows him in golden form.

She widen her eyes before spitting out the tea before coughing loudly before rubbing her eyes.

The coughing made mao mao concern and look back at her while she glance at the mirror yet shows a normal reflection of mao mao.

"You alright zhihui?" He asked concern in his voice while her eyes are still wide before quickly compose herself.

"Its nothing mao mao... just not getting enough rest thats all" she replied while mao mao remains concern but concludes that was her answer.

With that he left while zhihui tries to comprehend what she just saw because not only does he have a mysterious dark katana that caught her attention.

But also his golden form to with that she will discuss with minori to meet up with her for his magic lesson.

‐--------------------------------‐------‐------------------------------

Mao mao headed back downstairs but stopped halfway hearing a voice coming from the dark katana.

He listened closely but doesn't hear anything while above him is both zeng and ling looking at him below.

They look at each other before ling shook her head while zeng looks annoyed.

With that they both disappear while mao mao headed out into the garden to train since the carnival incident.

He must train harder if he wants to avoid that happening ever again.