Chapter 3: My Second Grade Love Story

Hey guys!! So, this just randomly popped into my head while I was just sitting down dying of boredom. I remembered some memories from when I was in grade two of this guy. He was called Edward. Eddie for short.

This guy used to always make fun of me and my two other friends, Daniella and Jamie. I just realised now that this guy was actually kind of cute and sweet.

So, this one day in grade two, Daniella and I were walking around the amazing playground talking about whatever us 2nd graders talked about. We then heard laughing and looked up to see Edward and his friends at the top of a yellow swirly slide, snickering and looking down at us. We were actually quite confused for a bit and we were looking around and checking ourselves to see what was so funny. I pretty sure Daniella asked me if her hair was OK or something like that.

Anyway, I eventually got the idea but the boys were already beginning to slide down the swirly slide (No, they WALKED down it, why do I always state the obvious???) and me being the amazing friend I am, darted off without Danielle. Fortunately, she was following me but not-so-fortunately, the boys were behind her. Even-more-not-so-fortunately, this really mean, nasty teacher stuck her hand up saying, "WALK!,"

What the heck?! WE WERE 7, WHY DO YOU EXPECT US TO WALK!!!!

✋🚸 (sorry, I can't help myself)

So for some god damn reason, I stopped, stuck my hand up ✋ yelled, "WALK," and kept walking with my hand in front of me, (like the pink panther guy and the stop light, that used to kill me) yelling "WALK, WALK, WALK," repeatedly and then Daniella copied me and I'm pretty sure the teacher thought we were nuts. Then the boys eventually caught up so we did what every 7 year old girl walking with their hands in front of them yelling, "WALK!!" while being chased by a gang of boys did, we ran into the bathroom. But here's the thing. We ran into the GIRLS bathroom and safely locked ourselves in a stall. I mean, not like the boys would come into the GIRLS bathroom, right?

WRONG!! SO VERY WRONG!!

Edward actually came in.

I don't remember what happened after that but I'm guessing it wasn't good.

So, Edward sounds like a pretty average 7 year old boy, now doesn't he?? Well here's the thing:

This one day, Jamie was making a caterpillar out of paper in front of the class (don't ask me why) and she asked for a volunteer that would want to make another one with her. She said that we got to keep both caterpillar's if we were chosen, so everyone shot their hands up ✋🔫 . Anyway, Jamie chose this girl that we didn't like, so Daniella started crying (typical, haha, I'm such a hypocrite) so I thought something went terribly wrong and cried with her. I don't have the daftest idea if this caught anyone's attention 'cause I was crying so much but then Edward came and he started to cheer us up. He was like,

"It's ok,"

And

"You're better than her,"

And

"I can make you a paper caterpillar,"

And one quick note: Edward was POPULAR. VERY popular, and only popular people or his friends could call him Eddie.

So while I was crying, I realised it was over a paper caterpillar, but I had already started crying like hell (God knows what the teacher was doing) and I couldn't stop, so full of embarrassment, I said,

"Go away Eddie,"

And I realised what I said and I wanted to kill myself for saying that but Edward DIDN'T MIND!!!!!

This was the guy that made fun of me for wrapping my school books in Dora the Explorer wrapping paper. Telling him to get lost AND use his nickname was NOT good at all.

And so Eddie started saying some pretty funny stuff. Well, Daniella and I (Daniella was being comforted by Eddie's best friend who quite frankly used to be my best friend in prep) found it quite funny and began to laugh, the Eddie told us that we looked better laughing. That's just plain sweet. I remember having this feeling for Eddie back then and I didn't know what it was, but I'm not sure about it being love because I still remember that feeling when I think of Eddie out of the blue, and it doesn't feel like love. Maybe it felt different when I was seven?? Maybe it was different. Perhaps because I didn't know what it was...

I also remember this one time I went to the teacher to check my Weekend Recount that we were writing in class, checked and when I was done, I couldn't see anything, and I could go anywhere because I couldn't see anything (just repeated myself there) then the teacher sighed and was like,

"Edward,"

He was putting his book over my head and face and was laughing.

By the angel.

Memories.

Question of the Chapter: Did you have a crush when you were younger, if you did, do you think they were worth it??

Answer in the comments!!

➰➰B-BYE!!!➰➰

XOXOXOXO

~CityofInfernalHunger