Chapter 10: I'm Scared

So about two weeks ago, Jenny, Katherine, Chloe, Alice and I were all watching horror trailers.

We watched "Poltergeist," and "Unfriended," but the "Unfriended," trailer isn't to scary anymore because I've seen it too many times.

So, after watching those trailers, a girl suggested we watch the short 12 minute clip, "Red Balloon,"

BIG mistake.

It was so scary that none of us could sleep the first night, and I could barely sleep the second night. I somehow managed to sleep the 3rd night but my first proper sleep where I was actually brave enough to go out of the covers was at around last Sunday. So about a week ago. (I'm writing this on a Saturday)

But (there's always a but) I had to spend the last week sleeping with a book (don't get the wrong idea) Audrey of the Outback Collection. It's good. For a 4th grader. But sleeping with it really helped.

I stopped hugging the book and now I just sleep with it by my side. It makes me feel safe, you know, like a lethal weapon to kill any Rabbit doll that happens to appear in my room.

Ok, so I gained 3 new fears from watching Red Balloon:

1. Rabbit Dolls

2. Red Balloons

3. Clowns (from the Poltergeist trailer)

Ermahgerd.

And guess what, I have a classic olden day rag doll in my room. It's big enough to fit someone in.

I also have a huge Pooh Bear Teddy. Definitely big enough for someone to get it. I love the teddy. I really do. I just don't think I can ever sit in it again (he's big and he's in the position of giving a hug) because he mig suffocate me. Or more rather anyone who could be in it.

I'm scared.

I told my other non-school friends about it and they were like,

"Red Balloon? It doesn't sound scary,"

And I'm like, "That's the point, that's why you should be scared!!"

Then I explained the rabbit doll and they were like, "That's not scary, its like the rabbit doll floats away holding the balloon,"

And I was like,"FDKDJFJFJNF,"

So tempted not to call them a idiots because, unlike my school friends, who tend to swear at each other, they would take that very personally.

Which would just piss me off even more.

Damn it.

I'm frustrated.

QOC: Whats the scariest thing you've ever seen??