sixteen

*no ones pov*
avneet's been working her ass of, just so that she could ignore siddharth. its been a month, 

"Heyy avneet" someone chirps standing beside her desk.
"hey jannat" avneet smiled at her and went back to her sculpture.
"c'mon avneet, its a break now. lets go have lunch" jannat pulled avneet by her arm.

"so whats your plan for the weekend?" jannat asked avneet, as they ate their lunch.

"um nothing, work sleep thats it" avneet replied
"its valentines dude" jannat gigled.
"oh, i totally forgot about that" ' whats the use of it anyways' avneet said to herself.

"well, um if you dont have any plans, would you like to join me?" jannat fiddled with her fingers.
"my my, ms. jannat rahmani is asking me for a date" avneet smirks playfully.
"oh please, i dont have anyone to go with. and i dont wanna spend my day alone" jannat replies.
"where's faisu huh?" avneet smirked.
"um, why would i go with him?" jannat stammers.
"yeah yeah" avneet pulls her leg.
"so are you coming or not?" jannat asks again.
"im all yours girl" avneet winks at her.
"thankyou so much" jannat hugs her back.

"so whats the plan?" avneet asks her, breaking the hug
"okay so, i booked this really amazing package okay, and its V-day so there was a offer" jannat smiled sheepishly.
"no wonder" avneet laughs.

"avneet, ill make it on the coach on time dont worry" jannat says over the call
"yeah, fine dont be late, the coach is gonna take us straight to the airport" avneet says.
"yeah, i got this important work na, ill finish this quickly and come, trust me" jannat replied
"yeah come fast" avneet said ending the call.

avneet makes a final check through her bag, before she leaves the house. 'avneet its no big of a deal, swiss is the heaven on earth, you need some time out of this toxic environment. you can do it ' she says to herself checking herself in the mirror once again.

'jannat will come on time, you'll make new, fresh memories' avneet sighs taking her passport bag and heads out.

she arrives at the coach, meeting point ten minutes early, cuz she wanted to get out of the house as fast as possible. the tour guide was young, a handsome lad. he welcomes her with a pleasing smile, "your ticket with bar-code, miss?"

she hands him, the paper. "great, thats good, where's your partner?" he asks. she frowns, then it hits her, its a valentines day package, of course you cant be alone, "yep, she's on the way" avneet smiled at the man.

"im jake btw, your tour guide for the weekend" he forwards his hand, avneet formally shakes his hand with a smile.

the coach has to leave at 7pm, and jannat is still now here. its 6:56 now. avneet being impatient calls her.
"where are you" she whisper-yells
"wait he's not there yet?" she asks hesitantly.

"who the tour guide? no he's there, where are you?" just then she hears someone running towards their coach. she looks out of the bus window to find jannat but..

"what the fuck did you do?" her stomach drops.
"look avneet, it was all reem and ophelia's plan not mine" avneet can legit feel jannat smiling on the other side.

a chill strikes down her spine, she cannot believe what she's looking at right now.
"reem.." avneet knows reem is with jannat right now, she knows reem.
"trust me okay? you've been depressed asf the past month. you need to do this, please at least for me" reem says
"but.." avneet's voice trailed off.
" i wasted my whole salary on this please" ophelia replied
"this is for all for your good, i promise, enjoy love you bye!" reem hangs up.

this cant be happening.
avneet sees a sweat-beaded siddharth handing his crumpled ticked to jake.
'they cant do this, she cant set me up with..' avneet was ready to fling herself off the cliff.

looking around her, she sees the only empty seat left is right next to her
she's doomed
its all over for her.
and this weekend she knows she's gonna die.

as she sees siddharth coming closer to the coach, her breaths hitches, all she wishes is to dig a hole and bury herself at that moment. she could hear her heart pumping till her ears.

its her siddharth, not hers, but also hers.

she shuts her eyes, close. she cant hide now.
the hide-and-seek is over now.

when he finally steps in the coach, he sees her "av-avnee-t?" his voice croaks.
her heart starts beating at a inhumane speed.
this cant be real.

slowly, she turns up to face him. when their eyes meet, its like someone has driven a sharp object into their chest, and twisted.

and the look of hatred, and anger that she had expected was vanished.
his eyes were just like the ones, before all the mishap happened.

he wanted to hug her, inhale her perfume. he loved the warmth she emitted.

"siddharth?" his name send goosebumps all over her body, her eyes fall on to the fist tightening around his bag.

what are the supposed to say? how are they supposed to act around each other?

he looks as lost as she is.
there's a flash of hurt and shock in his eyes, but it changes into relief and content, he's glad to see her. he hadn't seen her in a past one month.

"everybody's attention here please" jake voice circulates around the coach. "young man, could you please take your seat?" he asks siddharth to sit down. siddharth had no other option but, to sit beside avneet.

despite avneet pressing herself to the window, siddharth arms brushes past hers as she settles down on his seat. though clothed, both of them feel each others touch and shudder.

"we are leaving for the airport from here, we'll be having a journey of total of 12hrs, so please enjoy your weekend" the guide smiles at all of them.

'enjoy? my ass ' siddharth says to himself.
'12hrs with this mf ' avneet whines to herself.

they both couldn't digest the fact, they were stuck together for the whole weekend, not just any weekend but a valentines weekend.

〜 📁