Chapter 9

"Why didn't you call me when you had the accident?" Jiyong's boss asked after seeing him went in with a crutch.

"I didn't think it was necessary. I have a guardian to take care of things for me anyway." Jiyong said while seated comfortably on the sofa across where his boss was seated.

"A guardian? You didn't have any relatives here that you've mentioned about before."

"She came when I was brought to the hospital."

"Your relative's a she?"

"Yes..?"

Jiyong's boss looked at him suspiciously.

"I know what you're thinking boss. She's really my cousin... You can ask her if you want. She's outside."

"Can I talk to her alone?"

"No prob."

"Okay, I'll do that. Not that I'm being suspicious... I just need to ask her something."

"And what is it?"

"A favor." Mr. Yang smiled meaningfully. "But before that, let me tell you first why I asked you to come here... Don't you think it's about time for people to recognize you as an artist and not just someone whose name's written on every album BigBang has? The Boys are asking when can they include you on the team... as the 5th member."

Jiyong took a deep breath before answering. "Boss, you know I don't want to get the crowd's attention. Doing music is my passion but I'm better off as someone who works behind the scene."

"But people are curious about the person behind BigBang's music. We can't even show them how you look like."

"It's the agreement we had when I signed the contract with you... that you'll keep it a secret."

"I know... I was just hoping time would come that you'll be ready to face a crowd. They'll love you Jiyong... For sure."

"I'm fine with the work I have currently... And I'm sure it won't change at all."

"I was thinking you'll say that which leads me to another topic... BigBang would like you to appear on their music video for their new song... No mentioning of your name, not even a hint of who you are. Just complete appearance and that's all."

"What's the purpose of all these?" Jiyong asked, sensing that his Boss is leading to something.

"We just wanted a new face for the crowd."

"Why not look from the aspiring artists that come here to apply?"

"Why should we bother to look for one when we know there's one among us that would fit what we're looking for?"

"I'm sorry Boss but it's NO."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Can't we make you change your mind?"

Jiyong shook his head, his arms across his chest.

"Fine... I won't force you any longer."

"Is that it?" Jiyong was expecting something else as the reason why he was called.

"Yes... I thought I'll be able to persuade you this time."

"Sorry to disappoint you Boss... But it's only to this aspect. I'll give you my 100 percent in creating good music for the boys."

"I know you'll do that... If in case you change your mind about my offer, let me know."

"I'm sorry Boss. I don't want to make you hope continuously. I'm telling you now, I won't change my mind."

"If you say so." His Boss shrugged.

"Do you need to talk to my cousin?"

"Yes please."

"Let me call her." Jiyong stood up, bowed his head to his Boss and went out of the room.

"I agree. I call him Ji the Dragon when he's mad." He heard Dara said. She was talking to Seungri and TOP.

She was facing the boys so she wasn't able to notice Jiyong coming out of the room.

"So you see him as a Dragon when he's mad?" Jiyong asked.

"Yes. A Dragon who releases smoke from his nose when he's angry." Dara laughed out loud.

Seungri pursed his lips, pointing at Dara's back.

Slowly, Dara looked behind her and saw Jiyong standing there with face voided with any expression.

Dara grinned then stood up to hold Jiyong's hand.

TOP and Seungri looked at each other after seeing what Dara has done.

"Have you heard what I've said?" Dara asked Jiyong while swinging his hand left and right.

"That I'm a Dragon who releases smoke from my nose whenever I'm angry?" Jiyong repeated what Dara has said earlier.

"Oh, oh." Seungri reacted, getting ready to see Jiyong's anger. He hid behind TOP.

Dara stuck her tongue out and crinkled her nose. "That was just a joke. I was about to tell them how the Dragon turns to a handsome prince after the turmoil is over but I saw you here behind me so I wasn't able to continue."

"Handsome prince my ass... I was thinking of buying your chocolate before going home but I guess I change my mind." Jiyong said, slowly removing Dara's hand that's holding his then grabbed his bag on the couch.

"That's it?" Seungri whispered to TOP who's just fondly watching Jiyong and Dara's conversation.

Dara pouted. "No! Not my newly found favorite. You promised you'll but it for me." She lightly hit Jiyong's arm.

"You should accept the consequence of your action." Jiyong said.

Dara placed her head on Jiyong's shoulder. "Not my chocolate, please."

Jiyong shook his head.

"I'll do anything to make you change your mind. Please." Dara tried to bargain.

"My Boss wants to speak to you in his office... If you behave, then I might think about changing my mind."

"Why do you think did Mr. Yang called Jiyong's cousin to be in his office?" Seungri asked TOP in a low voice.

"It may be because of his offer to Jiyong to join our group." TOP whispered back.

"Why does your boss want to speak to me?" Dara asked.

Jiyong shrugged. "You'll only know once you talk to him inside." He pointed at the door.

"Okay." Dara smiled. "Don't forget your promise, okay?"

"That depends on the result of your conversation with Mr. Yang so don't do or say anything silly or else, no chocolate for you."

"Fine, fine." Dara's upper lip twitched. "For the sake of my beloved chocolate, I will behave."

"He's waiting for you inside."

"Aren't you gonna come with me?"

Jiyong shook his head.

"Eh?" Dara reacted.

"He wants to speak to you in private... I'll just go to the recording room. I need to do something there. Once your done, wait for me here."

"Owki."

"Go now." Jiyong shooed Dara.