Chapter 28

Jiyong called the number from TOP immediately after it was sent to him. He's really worried about Dara. The rain lasted 30 minutes and it just stopped a few minutes ago.

"Hi... Who's this?" A lady answered Jiyong's call.

"Hello... I'm looking for Bom." Jiyong, unsure of what to say.

"Yes, speaking. Who's this?"

"Oh, hi. Sorry for calling you. This is Jiyong. I got your number from TOP."

"Hey, Jiyong how can I help you?" Bom sounded surprised.

"I'm just wondering if Dara's with you right now."

"Aaahh..."

Jiyong heard silence on the other line.

"Hello?" Jiyong checked if Bom was still there.

"Oh, sorry about that. Yes, she's here. Why?" Bom replied.

"Can I talk to her?"

"Aaahh... Sure. Let me just call her."

After a few seconds, Dara came on the line.

"Hello?" Dara said, sounding a little nasal because she just finished crying.

"Hey... You okay?" Worry can be heard on Jiyong's voice.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Why is your voice like that? Did you cry?"

"NO." She strongly denied.

"Then how will you explain that voice you have and the heavy rain outside earlier? It's no longer raining right now." Jiyong looked outside the window. "What happened to you? Are you hurt or did something happen? You're making me worried." There's panic in his voice.

Dara took a deep breath which Jiyong heard on the line.

"Are you okay?" He asked, almost in a whisper.

Dara looked up to stop her tears from flowing again. Her eyes started to cloud.

"You're not... Tell me what happened." Jiyong said.

"I'm fine." Dara's voice cracked. "I just..." A drop of tear fell from her eye and rolled down to her cheek.

Jiyong saw the rain that started falling again.

"You're crying again...Don't deny it Dara. The rain started to fall again. What's wrong?" Jiyong felt the urge to be with Dara given the situation that she's in right now.

"It's nothing." Dara chuckled, wiping the tears that's flowing from her eyes non-stop. Her lips trembled. "I just miss my parents, that's all." She lied.

Jiyong felt guilty.

They both stayed silent. Only Dara's sob and sniffing can be heard.

"Sorry for keeping you in this world Dara." Jiyong broke the silence.

"No, that's not it. My friends and I were just talking about home and the crazy me just started thinking of mother and father which caused the tears... you know... me and my craziness." She said as an alibi.

Her chest was heavy.

"I'm not used to hearing you like this, Dara... If only I'm not here in this stupid hospital, I want to make you feel better."

"I'm completely fine, Jiyong. Don't worry about me." She wiped her tears again and took a deep breath. "Worry about how you can recover fast and be back to your healthy state."

"Thank you Dara." Jiyong said sincerely.

"For what?"

"For sacrificing your happiness in your own world for me. I don't know how I can repay you for all these things you've done... and still doing. You're a family member I never had. Sorry for repaying you with my indifference."

Dara bit her lower lip and looked up the ceiling. Instead of her tears stopping, it ended up welling continuously. She tapped her chest with her fist. Emotions are building up inside, it's congesting her chest.

"I'll forever thank God for blessing me with you."

Dara closed her eyes, letting her tears fall. She gave up. She knew her tears won't stop any time soon.

"If you would need to go back to where you're from, I will let you go." Jiyong said, sadness resounding his voice.

"I won't leave you Jiyong... Not yet." She covered the mouthpiece and sobbed. "I will see to it that my promise to you will happen."

"How can I ever repay you Dara?"

'Love me back.' She wanted to say.

"Bars of chocolate will do." Dara joked, pretending she's now okay.

Jiyong chuckled. "Then let's buy boxes of chocolate once I'm well."

"I'll be expecting that." Dara said, stopping another batch of tears from falling.

"Take care of yourself, okay. Stop doing foolish things."

"You were just thanking me earlier and now you're nagging again." She tried to lighten her mood, but the heavy feeling won't go away. Tears were still falling.

I can't help it... I think I'm infected with your own strain of Crazy Virus." He gave a light laugh.

He knew Dara's still crying, based on the rain that still fall from the sky.

"Where's Tiffany? She might hear us talking?" Dara asked, another sniff.

"She just went home to get a few things."

"You're alone now?"

"Yes."

"Have you already taken your medication? Can you now eat?"

"I'm now allowed to drink water but still can't have meals yet... The nurse hasn't come yet so I haven't taken my meds."

"What time will Tiff- (sniff) -any be back?" It was hard for her to talk about it with Jiyong but she has to.

"I'm not sure."

"Stop roaming around. Stay in bed. Your tummy might attack again if you keep moving." Dara reminded.

"Dara, I'm not pregnant and the Doctor didn't give any order for me to be in complete bed rest so it's okay if I stay out of bed."

"No, no, no... It's better if you stay in bed for you not to have that stomach ache again."

"Alright, alright. If you say so." Jiyong surrendered.

Dara bit her lower lip again. "You need to rest now. Tiffany might be back in a few minutes. Take care Jiyong." She said, another tear falling from her eyes.

"I know your still crying. Don't be sad anymore Dara. Just think of happy thoughts... Errrrrrrrrr..." He acted like he's gathering all his energy. "Can you feel me transferring my positive energy to you?" Jiyong tried his best to act like Dara.

Dara chuckled, still crying.

"Rest now." Jiyong said.

"Okay." She sniffed.

"Goodnight crazy kiddo."

"Goodnight Ji the Dragon."

Dara ended the call first.

She ran to an empty room and locked herself there. She doesn't want Chae, Bom, and Minzy to see her crying again.

She cried until her eyes can't release any more tears.

Jiyong looked outside the window of his hospital room, staring at the drops of rain from the sky.

"Why do I have a feeling it's not just because you miss your parents, Dara? What's really bothering you?" He pondered.